Female Inferiority

DisRuptive1

I think in Texas women are planning on going on strike at a Ford car company in order to get 12 days of paid leave each year for period pains. Certainly it might hurt. But they aren't trying to get 12 days of paid leave for their male counterparts. That's unfair. Why should women get paid leave while men have to stay and work?

What is fair however is women getting paid less for the same job. Besides the reason just mentioned above (taking more time off) the majority of women have children.

I just got a new job recently and I remember signing a paper that talked about the company being able to let me go because I have a "conflict of interest." That is something that interferes with my ability to come to work each and every day and work a full 40 hours a week. Kids are a conflict of interest. Women leave earlier, and come to work later. They stay home when Timmy is sick. They take 3 months off to have their kid and maybe a few months after that and then expect to still have their same old job and pay when they come back. Please.

It's like the prodigal son. We men get yelled at for trying to defend our rights. We work every single, freakin' day. Women don't. They take lots of time off for children and then expect to be welcomed back and life to continue just like it was. Most women shouldn't be in the workplace. Just go have kids and stop fighting for rights you don't deserve.

Men should be the ones trying to get paid vacation for periods. At least we'd have a better chance of getting it. After all we did work for it.

LOL...if men had periods they would all be taking pills to STOP them having periods!!! They ain't no fun you know...not to some of us anyways...

I agree that if women want 12 days off a year for periods then men should have 12 days off for 'similar' circumstances...wonder what they could include...lol.

I do NOT agree that women should be paid less because they have children, time off for caring for children etc. When my child was born, I was considered a part time worker, I was on a higher rate of pay per hour than my husband (different jobs), and I worked overtime so that I worked full time...however, as soon as one of my children was ill, hospitalised, it was expected of me to take time off my job to stay with them in hospital...take them to the doctor's/hospital visits etc. I had no choice...

My daughter was hospitalised with severe asthma many times during her first 12 months, I worked around her illnesses so that I was staying at home after she went to sleep in the evenings...usually from around 8pm, going to work in the mornings, and then going straight to the hospital to care for her from 12.30pm till she went to sleep again...I did not start work any later than the men in the office, we all started at 8.30am...that was after I had washed, fed and dressed my daughter and taken her to the childminders for the morning, under normal circumstances...I worked between the hours of 8.30am and 8.30pm 7 days a week to ensure that I was at home at least a morning or afternoon every day with my daughter, and was home at 9pm each evening to put my daughter to bed...my husband worked a straight 8-4pm shift...we both worked between 37 + 40 hours per week, but I was still expected to have his evening meal prepared for him, ready to warm up in the microwave every evening, and to do all the washing, ironing etc.

What do you think about THAT DisRuptive1???? :angry:

Originally posted by DisRuptive1@Feb 12 2005, 10:39 AM

I think in Texas women are planning on going on strike at a Ford car company in order to get 12 days of paid leave each year for period pains. Certainly it might hurt. But they aren't trying to get 12 days of paid leave for their male counterparts. That's unfair. Why should women get paid leave while men have to stay and work?

What is fair however is women getting paid less for the same job. Besides the reason just mentioned above (taking more time off) the majority of women have children.

I just got a new job recently and I remember signing a paper that talked about the company being able to let me go because I have a "conflict of interest." That is something that interferes with my ability to come to work each and every day and work a full 40 hours a week. Kids are a conflict of interest. Women leave earlier, and come to work later. They stay home when Timmy is sick. They take 3 months off to have their kid and maybe a few months after that and then expect to still have their same old job and pay when they come back. Please.

It's like the prodigal son. We men get yelled at for trying to defend our rights. We work every single, freakin' day. Women don't. They take lots of time off for children and then expect to be welcomed back and life to continue just like it was. Most women shouldn't be in the workplace. Just go have kids and stop fighting for rights you don't deserve.

Men should be the ones trying to get paid vacation for periods. At least we'd have a better chance of getting it. After all we did work for it.

Actually, my daughter went three straight years without a day off except for a 2 week unpaid vacation. It was her male counterparts who never showed up on time, went home early with head aches or whatever, and she got less pay for it. <_<

huh....

All the women I know are go getters. They work JUST as hard as the men...call me when thier kids are sick adn ask if I can watch them..... and STILL have to pay all the bills, clean the house....make sure the car gets fixed...do the laundry. Their SO's or hubbys maybe mow the lawn.

Gee, that's rough.

When I go back to college in the fall, I am going to get my RN and then work while getting my masters and I want to be a Nurse Practitioner OR a nurse attorney...still haven't decided which one I like better yet.

I plan then to provide for my family and DH is staying at home. It's his DREAM to stay at home and do what I do. He understands it is a lot of work...but he hates the work world. I adore it...staying at home is very hard for me. I only do it because I LOVE my babies...and I know the mom has the most influence in the early formative years. Kids need their dads as they get older and dad's seem to have more of a formative influence during their teens. We see it as completely fair. I get the first ten years...he gets the last....then when we're 42 and our youngest is 18....we're freaking taking a cruise!

I am entirely sick of sexism in it's many forms. Are their women who take advantage because they are 'women'? Sure. Are their men who take advantage because they are men, yes.

Base judgments on individuals and please stop making generalizations about either gender. Find a woman who jives w/ you and your ideals. It's that simple.

Originally posted by pushka@Feb 13 2005, 03:59 PM

As you can see...I still haven't quite got the hang of editing posts!!! LOL

Pushka, when you use the code buttons at the top, after you click on the button to open the code, and you type what you want highlighted, colorized, or whatever, you can either click on the same button again to close the code, or you can to go the right where it says "Close all Tags" and just click on that, and it will close the tags for you.

So if you want to make something bold, you click on the B, then you type what you want bolded, then click on the B again, or just click on "Close all Tags".

Originally posted by pushka@Feb 13 2005, 10:38 PM

Thank you Jenda...the problem was that I wanted it both bold and coloured so I got confused about using both codes together, and where to place the text as well!!!

One day this will all be clear as mud to me :lol:

If you want something bold and colored, click on the B and choose a color, then when you are done, just click on "Close all Tags" (to the right), it will close everything for you.