Child Abuse

Traveler

In the local news (SLC) a small child is fighting for its life at a hospital. As it turns out the child was beaten, nearly to death by the mother’s boyfriend. (A familiar story that is becoming more and more familiar in our society) For the news cameras, the mother in tears, pleaded that the boyfriend be found and brought to justice. She indicated that she had been betrayed because she thought her boyfriend loved her infant son and genuinely cared for both her and her little boy.

Pictures of the boyfriend were shown on the news. Perhaps I am judgmental but the very sight of this boyfriend did not present to me the impression of someone caring and concerned for others, especially children. There is a certain look that seems to be to be anti-social, which is a way of openly indicating an individual does not intend to make a positive, deeply care for others, impression. I agree looks can be deceiving but why would a person display the “look” of being anti-social if in their heart they are caring, conforming and socially aware of the concerns and needs of others?

Again, it must be me and my attitudes; but it does appear to me that there are elements within our society that cause confusion through attempts to define bad as good (normal) and implying we must give respected or privilege place among us for attitudes that are not intended to be beneficial. I guess it is more important that everybody can feel good (regardless of their chosen persona) and not feel left out. It seems that the heroes of action movies are just as violent or more violent than the evil guys – but the good guys only beat the tar out of the deserving dimwits that ticked off the good guys. Not only are the heroes as violent as the worse of the bad, but also their very appearance and language is rough, un-kept, without discipline and lacking dignity.

Back to the mother and the boy. As it turns out the infant child was brought to the hospital two days before with a broken arm – it was claimed to have been an accident. It also turns out that the boyfriend is a convicted felon with a history of violence. With this information we begin to wonder – how stupid is this mother to fail to protect her child and expose the infant to such horrible danger then claim she did not realize her boyfriend could be a problem and thought he was okay to have around. I agree, the mother failed to protect her child, but is this so different from the popular, what’s wrong with ___ attitude? Or lets embrace everything until it can be proven to be a problem attitude and at the same time ignore the subtitle negative indicators and the lack of any real beneficial possibilities?

Some think I am obsessed over the stupidity of encouraging, through social rewards, sexual experimentation in children, but I have a greater obsession if you want to label it so; and that is the joy, excitement and entertainment in our society that encourages and embraces violence and those that revel in being very good at it. It should be no surprise that our gardens produce an abundance of what was planted, especially when we refuse to plant and cultivate our gardens with a discipline and a determination for something beneficial. But, it sure is fun not to worry about discipline and to avoid dragging everybody down with the reminders that there are always consequences – much better we only focus on making sure that everybody has the fun they want and feels good, regardless of consequence that follow, fun and feeling good is the real goal in living – Right? And remember to say a little prayer for the dying child.

The Traveler

In what way is soceity offering social rewards for children 'experimenting sexually'? How do you know that children are doing that anyway?...this is your assumption based upon your beliefs about homosexuality.

You really are beginning to sound very desperate over the issue of homosexuality, equating it first to child abuse and now to violence in movies...

Originally posted by pushka@Mar 22 2005, 08:22 PM

In what way is soceity offering social rewards for children 'experimenting sexually'? How do you know that children are doing that anyway?...this is your assumption based upon your beliefs about homosexuality.

You really are beginning to sound very desperate over the issue of homosexuality, equating it first to child abuse and now to violence in movies...

Right on! Statistics actually show that the majority of pedophiles are respected, HETEROSEXUAL males. Most homosexuals out there aren't out to turn everyone gay, nor are they after your children. Only bigotry is.

Incidentally, I know someone who knew the family, and they were described to me as WIERDOS!! This person was only refering to Martha's dad as being the MAJOR WEIRDO out of all of them, plus her mom was so clinically depressed that she rarely came out of her room only to verbally abuse her children. Martha's the sanest of all of them.

Originally posted by alpha_female+Mar 26 2005, 12:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (alpha_female @ Mar 26 2005, 12:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pushka@Mar 22 2005, 08:22 PM

In what way is soceity offering social rewards for children 'experimenting sexually'?  How do you know that children are doing that anyway?...this is your assumption based upon your beliefs about homosexuality.

Right on! Statistics actually show that the majority of pedophiles are respected, HETEROSEXUAL males. Most homosexuals out there aren't out to turn everyone gay, nor are they after your children. Only bigotry is.

Incidentally, I know someone who knew the family, and they were described to me as WIERDOS!! This person was only refering to Martha's dad as being the MAJOR WEIRDO out of all of them, plus her mom was so clinically depressed that she rarely came out of her room only to verbally abuse her children. Martha's the sanest of all of them.

If a man has a sexual relationship with a another male (young or old)...it is a homosexual relationship...

To say that, "Statistics actually show that the majority of pedophiles are respected, HETEROSEXUAL males." is a specious smokescreen.

Originally posted by pushka@Mar 26 2005, 11:56 AM

Srm...the unfortunate truth about paedophiles is that they do not only have sexual relations with boys, they do the same with girls too...yes, there will be some homosexual paedophiles, but there are also heterosexual ones too.

yes, perhaps, but then a statement such as, "majority of pedophiles are respected, HETEROSEXUAL males." is incorrect. In fact The 'homosexual lobby' will claim that a male pedophile sexually abusing a young male is not a homosexual act. I disagree.