Church Investigates Proxy Baptism of President's Mother

KeithLBrown

Ok, not to highjack the thread, but my family just recently had our names removed from the church records and we were discussing whether or not we can keep relatives from baptising us after we die. If our children say no, can either my DW's or my siblings still perform this, especially since we had our names previously removed? I mean, let's face it, we are apostates under the control of Satan. :)

Apostates or not, under Satan's control or not, you do not own your name after you die. There is no legal way, and as far as I'm aware no established method in the Church, to prevent your name from being processed like any other. Unless you wish to remove all traces of your existence from every file cabinet and database on earth.

But you can rest easy. If Mormonism is the fraud you believe it to be, the "work" done by Mormons on behalf of your name won't affect your decaying corpse in the slightest. And if Mormonism is true after all, you still get to say "NO WAY, JOSE!" So either way, you win.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apostates or not, under Satan's control or not, you do not own your name after you die. There is no legal way, and as far as I'm aware no established method in the Church, to prevent your name from being processed like any other. Unless you wish to remove all traces of your existence from every file cabinet and database on earth.

But you can rest easy. If Mormonism is the fraud you believe it to be, the "work" done by Mormons on behalf of your name won't affect your decaying corpse in the slightest. And if Mormonism is true after all, you still get to say "NO WAY, JOSE!" So either way, you win.

Hey, I totally agree with you. I could just see them saying HA HA, we got them whether or not they want it. But at any rate, I think once the lights go out, they are out for good. You are right on.

There's also the possibility that people who have temple work done after they're dead end up rejecting it in the afterlife, especially if they had their names removed while they were alive from church records. I do know that if someone did that to my ancestors without asking permission first, I would be upset for a little while. Then, I'd realize that my ancestors probably would reject the temple work as they were devoutly Catholic.

Personally I think if you know this to be true you should be bringing the Gospel to every nation, kindred, tongue as commanded.

Otherwise I'd have to 'lump' you in with those who just go to church every sunday and don't breach the gospel at all, those people in my opinion, must really hate their fellow human beings to let them go on perishing.

As the scripture says 'woe is me, if i preach not the gospel.'

Sorry, but if it's controversial maybe you're doing something right.