My Intro

Guest ohio_mormon

Guest ohio_mormon

I am brand new here and wanted to ask a couple questions after introducing myself. I am from Ohio and I am 22. I've been a member of the church since 1999 and an Elder going on two years. I am not an RM because at the time I joined and when I turned 19 I did not have the money to fund a mission. I would have liked to have gone on one if the circumstances allowed it. Money was not the only issue. I was the only one to join in my family and they were not happy about it.

Anyway, is this forum for only gospel and doctrine discussion or can we talk about anything related to the church or its members? Also can we have "off-topic" discussions or is there another forum for that?

Thank you.

Ohio-Mormon, what exactly do you mean by off-topic? Maybe that can help clarify things.

You can talk about anything. The gospel, the church, the weather, your next door neighbor, whatever. We only ask that you treat the discussions (and the discussees) with respect.

I am sure Bat would be willing to PM you some information if there are some things you want to discuss that others find highly objectionable.

Originally posted by Jenda@Feb 9 2004, 09:52 PM

You can talk about anything. The gospel, the church, the weather, your next door neighbor, whatever. We only ask that you treat the discussions (and the discussees) with respect.

Not exactly Ohio.

In answer to your question [Anyway, is this forum for only gospel and doctrine discussion or can we talk about anything related to the church or its members? Also can we have "off-topic" discussions or is there another forum for that?]; if you talk about something and can't directly tie it to the Church/gospel, the moderators will move the topic to the General Discussion forum. That forum doesn't get hardly any traffic because it is so far down in the forum order. This forum, Gospel Discussion used to come after General Discussion and so it hardly got any action. Then the moderators switch order and now neither forum gets much traffic.

Originally posted by Snow+Feb 9 2004, 10:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Feb 9 2004, 10:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Feb 9 2004, 09:52 PM

You can talk about anything.  The gospel, the church, the weather, your next door neighbor, whatever.  We only ask that you treat the discussions (and the discussees) with respect.

Not exactly Ohio.

In answer to your question [Anyway, is this forum for only gospel and doctrine discussion or can we talk about anything related to the church or its members? Also can we have "off-topic" discussions or is there another forum for that?]; if you talk about something and can't directly tie it to the Church/gospel, the moderators will move the topic to the General Discussion forum. That forum doesn't get hardly any traffic because it is so far down in the forum order. This forum, Gospel Discussion used to come after General Discussion and so it hardly got any action. Then the moderators switch order and now neither forum gets much traffic.

Snow, I assumed he was talking about LDStalk, and not just the gospel forum.

Let me clarify. As long as you stick it in the appropriate forum, you can discuss anything.

That better, Snow? :P

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Tr2@Feb 10 2004, 08:51 AM

FYI, snow is the resident know-it-all. He is never wrong and everything he says is absolute truth, no exceptions. If you disagree with him, you are an idiot.

LOL...if you were my kid tr....I would send you to your room to think about what you just said and figure out what was not right about it. :D;)

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Tr2@Feb 10 2004, 09:32 AM

I would send you to your room to think about what you just said and figure out what was not right about it.

Well I'm not your kid.
Lucky you. :) :lol:

Originally posted by srm+Feb 10 2004, 11:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (srm @ Feb 10 2004, 11:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Feb 10 2004, 08:51 AM

FYI, snow is the resident know-it-all. He is never wrong and everything he says is absolute truth, no exceptions. If you disagree with him, you are an idiot.

Hey snow, YOu've finally got him trained!

Would the mormon jesus be happy that you said such a hurtful thing? I don't think he would be. I don't think that I can look up to you as a role model anymore.

Originally posted by bat+Feb 10 2004, 04:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Feb 10 2004, 04:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -srm@Feb 10 2004, 11:57 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Feb 10 2004, 08:51 AM

Would the mormon jesus be happy that you said such a hurtful thing? I don't think he would be. I don't think that I can look up to you as a role model anymore.

Still hiding in the trees my friend? I didn't know that you looked up to me...I'll be more careful of your tender feelings.

Originally posted by srm+Feb 10 2004, 11:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (srm @ Feb 10 2004, 11:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Feb 10 2004, 08:51 AM

For my next trick, I will make Ed Decker evaporate into thin air!

Originally posted by Snow+Feb 10 2004, 08:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Feb 10 2004, 08:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -srm@Feb 10 2004, 11:57 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Feb 10 2004, 08:51 AM

For my next trick, I will make Ed Decker evaporate into thin air!

Why? Do you not love Brother Decker?

Originally posted by srm+Feb 12 2004, 10:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (srm @ Feb 12 2004, 10:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bat@Feb 10 2004, 11:16 PM

Bite me.

is this directed at me or someone else?

That was directed at lash4160. I don't want you to bite me.