News worth reading!!!!!!!!

bytor2112

Best Series (IMHO):

1) TNG

2) Voyager (too touchy-feely; liked the episodes I saw of DS9 better but the idea of everybody on a space station that doesn't go anywhere just seems antithetical to Star Trek)

3) DS9

4) Original (can't get past the corniness)

5) Enterprise (never saw an episode, but going back into the past just seems inane and Scott Bakula does nothing for me.

I have to explain about my choice. I love DS9, until they got into the whole Dominion mess. NG had some really stellar (no pun intended) shows, my fave being the one where Picard was tortured by the Cardassians. Voyager also had a bunch of really good shows. The one that kind've haunts me is where somehow Voyager splits into 2 different ships, but only one knows of it's twin. Naturally, that's the one that is falling apart. The ship chases and gets soooo close to the other Voyager when it explodes, and all the original Voyager sees is some unexpected radiation. Very sad.

I have to explain about my choice. I love DS9, until they got into the whole Dominion mess.

Personally, I liked the darkness in DS9, which you just don't see much in the other series. The Dominion often made the Borg look weak, not because they were more powerful, but because their war lasted much longer than a couple days.

Also, there was a tie-in with Star Wars during the wars with the Dominion. Can anyone else tell us where the tie-in comes?

As for it being stationary, I like that as one of its strengths. I like a series with some continuity between weeks. You didn't get much of that in Voyager, for instance. They had a chance to spend a whole season in Borg space, but made it just a couple shows instead. Totally bogus.

As for the new movie, I haven't seen it yet, and am not sure if I want to. I've heard they try very hard to reach out to new (read, younger) audiences, which means it could have more swearing, sex, and violence than are really necessary for a good movie. Thoughts on this from those who've seen it?

I've heard they try very hard to reach out to new (read, younger) audiences, which means it could have more swearing, sex, and violence than are really necessary for a good movie. Thoughts on this from those who've seen it?

Seemed to be on par for a PG-13 movie. There was a little innuendo, a scene where you end up seeing two different women in bras and panties (and a man in his boxer brief like thing). Swearing, I didn't notice anything hard such as the F Word. Damn is used but you have McCoy in the movie so that's to be expected, as far as other swear words I don't remember.

Here Star Trek [2009] [PG-13] - 5.6.4 is a pretty comprehensive breakdown.