Hypothetical Question

Let's say that a re-dedication was scheduled for the Salt Lake Temple, or any other temple that is now dedicated. Would this mean there would be an open house, or is a temple permanently sealed as only a place for the obedient members of God's Church after it's first dedication?

Oh. So if the Salt Lake Temple (I'm addressing it specifically because it just love the architecture of it specifically) was in need of renovation or something - it'd have an open house?

IMAGINE the people that would flock to it.

Oh. So if the Salt Lake Temple (I'm addressing it specifically because it just love the architecture of it specifically) was in need of renovation or something - it'd have an open house?

IMAGINE the people that would flock to it.

They might, but I suspect the really interesting/mysterious parts--Holy of Holies, Dome Room, Assembly Room, Council Rooms for the 1st Pres and Quorum of the 12--would still be off-limits.

Most Temples will have an open house.

When I lived in the United Kingdom, the London temple had some estensive remodeling done to it, essentially the inside was gutted and rebuilt. An open house was done prior to the rededication.

I would suggest however that having such an open house is not a requirement, and can be subject to individual circumstances.

Wasn't the SLC Temple already rededicated in 1996. (Mark a 100 years) Maybe not. I thought they did something with the Filming of Moutain of the Lord (A video about Temples but also about the SLC Temple). I don't think thats on DVD or Blu-ray yet is it?

I don't see anything that says anything about that. Maybe just something I made up.

I've been through the Kirkland Temple several times before I became LDS. It is owned by the RLDS. There was talk about it going back to the LDS Church. I wonder if they're going to remodel it once it becomes a temple again. And I wonder if the second dedication would be as magnificent as the first time.