Hmmmm Fast Food

Marsha

Guest estump

Did they have to put the picture up?! Ewwwwwww....seriously, either someone was goofing around a little too much...or someone at the factory got hurt and they should have tossed the entire day's prodcution. My guess is she probably received some good $ over this.

i dont think i would sue over something like that.... or i would and then settel for whatever they offer. I would even accept lifetime food for free from the franchize- seriously what are the chances of it happening twice? But i wouldn't milk it. Anyone trying to get something even with 5 or 6 figures is just milking it.

She didn't catch any illness from her, all she got was a bad experience. Lifes full of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Once when I was a teenager I sat down with a nice plate of fries from a specialty restaurant. When I went to take the first fry I saw a cock roach crawling out of the center of the pile. I let out the biggest scream ever. My friend was embarrassed, I was out of my seat, and my waitress was at my side. The waitress quickly took the plate and I slowly sat back down feeling very sick to my stomach. The manager came back with the waitress and told us that we could have what ever we wanted, on the house.

I had completely lost my desire to eat there, so my friend finished her food and then we left. I never returned.

I hear today on GMA that Wendys is saying that the finger doesn¡Çt belong to them, and they will pay a reward to someone who comes forward with the truth.

Hey did you all hear that the woman who supposedly found that finger ~ put it there herself ~????????????????????

She did! He used the finger from a dead relative when no one was looking ~ LOL...or so says the neighbor! LOL

"The simple fact of the matter is that the finger came from somebody. Where's that person at?" said Sgt. Nick Muyo, a spokesman for the San Jose Police Department.

Investigators would not say what they were looking for in the search of Ayala's house. Ken Bono, a family friend who lives at the home, said officers searched freezers, a picnic cooler in the backyard and the belongings of an aunt who used to live at the house.

Bono acknowledged he made up a story earlier this week about the finger coming from a dead aunt because the family was being hounded by reporters.

"It's kind of messed up, but that's true though," he said.

Originally posted by Amillia@Apr 12 2005, 11:48 AM

Hey did you all hear that the woman who supposedly found that finger ~ put it there herself ~????????????????????

She did! He used the finger from a dead relative when no one was looking ~ LOL...or so says the neighbor! LOL

"The simple fact of the matter is that the finger came from somebody. Where's that person at?" said Sgt. Nick Muyo, a spokesman for the San Jose Police Department.

Investigators would not say what they were looking for in the search of Ayala's house. Ken Bono, a family friend who lives at the home, said officers searched freezers, a picnic cooler in the backyard and the belongings of an aunt who used to live at the house.

Bono acknowledged he made up a story earlier this week about the finger coming from a dead aunt because the family was being hounded by reporters.

Amillia,

you wrote Bono acknowledged he made up a story earlier this week about the finger coming from a dead aunt because the family was being hounded by reporters.

I guess he just made it up that it came from an aunt then?

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Apr 12 2005, 03:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ Apr 12 2005, 03:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Amillia@Apr 12 2005, 11:48 AM

Amillia,

you wrote Bono acknowledged he made up a story earlier this week about the finger coming from a dead aunt because the family was being hounded by reporters.

I guess he just made it up that it came from an aunt then?

I heard this on our channel 5 news with the woman being on film while they made the statement that it was a possibility that the finger came from one of her dead relatives.

Then I read the article from which I quoted some and it stated that the Wendy's company, and all of their affiliates and producers (meat etc) could not find anyone who had lost a finger, or who could be responsibly for the finger ~ They honestly don't believe the finger came from their people or stores ~

So someone out there knows something they are not giving up ~ and someone is missing a finger!!! dead or a live. :(

Anyway, they said that this has really hurt their business, but I drive past Wendy's several times a day taking kids to school, work, and to shop, and the line is always there as usual.

The initial reports stated that the finger was not "cut" off but "ripped" off. My first thoughts on it was that it happened at the meat processing plant and belongs to an illegal immigrant who was/is afraid of being deported.

NOTE: THAT IS MY THOUGHTS, NOTHING I HAVE READ.

I still don't understand how this gal could have actually bit in to the finger. If you have ever had Wendy's chili you know they use small plastic spoons - a finger pice that size would naturally 'stick' out among the chili.

Marsha

Guest TheProudDuck

Originally posted by Marsha@Apr 13 2005, 03:45 AM

The initial reports stated that the finger was not "cut" off but "ripped" off. My first thoughts on it was that it happened at the meat processing plant and belongs to an illegal immigrant who was/is afraid of being deported.

NOTE: THAT IS MY THOUGHTS, NOTHING I HAVE READ.

I still don't understand how this gal could have actually bit in to the finger. If you have ever had Wendy's chili you know they use small plastic spoons - a finger pice that size would naturally 'stick' out among the chili.

Marsha

It wouldn't be too hard to rip a fingertip off a cadaver with a pair of pliers, or cut it off and then mangle it a little so it looked like it had been torn off.

I'm very suspicious that the finger was reportedly manicured. How many meatcutters go to work with manicured nails?

From a recent article:

Anna Ayala dropped her claim because it "has caused her great emotional distress and continues to be difficult emotionally," said her attorney, Jeffrey Janoff.

Ayala, 39, claimed she found the 1 1/2-inch long fingertip on March 22 while dining at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose. She later filed a claim with the franchise owner, Fresno-based JEM Management Corp., which her attorney had said was the first step before filing a lawsuit.

Court records show Ayala has a history of making legal claims against corporations, including a former employer, General Motors and a fast-food restaurant. She acknowledged receiving a settlement for medical costs a year ago after claiming that her daughter was sickened after eating at a Las Vegas restaurant.

http://staging.hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stori...-04-13-12-39-15

M.

Originally posted by TheProudDuck@Apr 13 2005, 02:01 PM

I'm very suspicious that the finger was reportedly manicured. How many meatcutters go to work with manicured nails?

PD

Are you saying that meatcutters don't take any pride in themselves? I bet if you look at your local grocery store, butcher shop you won't find their hands unkempt.

Marsha

• 2 weeks later...