Mary And Billy

DisRuptive1

Originally posted by DisRuptive1@Mar 29 2005, 07:00 PM

I got to thinking about Mary K. Laterno and that Billy kid.

Here's just a general, hypothetical question.

If a man were to be raped and a child was born from that, is the man financially responsible for the child as in child support?

Is the same true if the man is a minor?

Geeze, tough question. Take a wild guess.

Dude, seriously, I don't know. If I was a judge, I'd want to throw a wrench in the works and force the kid to pay child support. We have plenty of cases with precedence. That is there are many cases where a man who didn't want to be a father had to pay child support for his kid. That's my thoughts. It helps if you post yours too or don't at all.

But isn't the issue here choice . . . sure plenty of men who didn't want to be fathers end up paying child support, but in those cases, they willingly participated in the sex act. With rape . . . ? I say a man who was raped shouldn't be held accountable for actions he had absolutely no control over.

Originally posted by liahonagirl@Mar 30 2005, 10:18 AM

But isn't the issue here choice . . . sure plenty of men who didn't want to be fathers end up paying child support, but in those cases, they willingly participated in the sex act. With rape . . . ? I say a man who was raped shouldn't be held accountable for actions he had absolutely no control over.

While what you said is true, Billy wasn't raped. He was a willing participant. It was only considered rape because HE was underage. They went on to have a second child.

Now I agree if he had absoultly NO choice in this matter, but he did.

Last I heard they were going to get married.

Marsha

Guest curvette

Letourneau/Falaau was a statutory rape case. In a case where a "real" man is raped, how can a man be raped in a way that would produce a child? Doesn't he kinda have to be aroused and willing in order to finish?

Originally posted by curvette@Mar 30 2005, 07:20 PM

Letourneau/Falaau was a statutory rape case. In a case where a "real" man is raped, how can a man be raped in a way that would produce a child? Doesn't he kinda have to be aroused and willing in order to finish?

Yeah, that would be a difficult one to prove. (I didn't say hard... :lol: )

Originally posted by curvette@Mar 30 2005, 06:20 PM

Not necessarily. I believe a man can be raped and unwillingly aroused by a rapist. Sometimes a man can't tell certain body parts not to do certain things, they just respond to the stimulation applied to them.

I agree- men have for less control over that thing then you would think. It simply responds to stimulation. I cant, useing my mind (in a way i would use a finger), make it get up any more then i can get it to go down. If its stimulated its stimulated. And the only way to unstimulate it would be to remove the stimulus. And if i cant do that- like the stimulus is forced, then i would say thats rape.

For it to be rape for a female all she has to do is say "no" at any point. And then if it goes further or continues it becomes rape. What if in the middle the dude says no and she doesnt get off or whateveR?

Guest curvette

Originally posted by USNationalist@Mar 30 2005, 11:18 PM

I agree- men have for less control over that thing then you would think. It simply responds to stimulation. I cant, useing my mind (in a way i would use a finger), make it get up any more then i can get it to go down. If its stimulated its stimulated. And the only way to unstimulate it would be to remove the stimulus. And if i cant do that- like the stimulus is forced, then i would say thats rape.

For it to be rape for a female all she has to do is say "no" at any point. And then if it goes further or continues it becomes rape. What if in the middle the dude says no and she doesnt get off or whateveR?

It's such an odd question. Is there a single, documented case of a woman raping a man, becoming pregnant, and then suing for child support? I hear cases of women being raped and impregnated all the time. I've never heard of a situation like this. I don't think a rapist has any legal rights to offspring that result from the rape. If such a rape could be proven, I don't think the female rapist would even be able to keep the child, much less sue for child support.

That's assuming the USA is fair and good and male-dominated. But women have too much power.

I don't think a woman could really rape a man without help. I don't think she could over power him or anything. If a man feels scared of losing his life he'll be able to overcome the limits of his body and over power any woman who's struggling with him. But if the woman had a gun, it would be a different matter.

And it is phsically possible to rape a man. Especially when the sensations felt are new to the man, no matter how ugly and fat the woman is he can still get the woman impregnated.

What is important to realize, however, is that rape is not exactly considered a sexual crime. When a man is the one committing it, it is usually to be dominant towards a woman. That's why girls alone at night and elderly women get raped. It's not very often that you see a very attractive woman raped. And it is very unlikely for a woman to get raped if she travels with someone, even if it's another woman.

I do think that Billy is being led on. Obviously since Latourneau got pregnant with his kid, he experienced some new "sensations." I think he is after these "sensations" in his continuing affairs with her. And now they are going to get married.

Does anybody else believe that this marriage would be based on love, at least from Billy's point of view? (And possibly a question for another thread; would this marriage be any different than another young person, such as a young adult, getting married?)

In my opinion, I think Billy just wants to get sex from Latourneau. But I also understand why. I had a few teachers in my day that I wouldn't have minded hitting on me, although I really didn't realize it up until this point (when I'm single :( ) But it was wrong for Latourneo because it's like offering a kid chocolate cake for breakfast rather than ickey tasting oatmeal.

Obviously the kid is going to take the chocolate cake. He has no idea how much damage the chocolate cake will cause him in the future. That's just my take on the situation.

Originally posted by pushka@Apr 1 2005, 03:59 AM

http://www.trashfiction.co.uk/mckinney.html

Just a quick link to the case of one Joyce McKinney, who, in the late 70's, became famous for raping a Mormon Missionary...must admit I didn't know she had an accomplice to help her.

Just as a warning to those who are sensitive to it, there are some pictures with nudity on the linked page. Open at your own risk.