Agreements

Justice

My last few threads were designed to help bridge any gap that may exist between LDS and our non-LDS friends on this forum in common areas where words are interpreted differently. I think there was a lot of good, constructive discussion. I look forward to more.

Now, I'd like to see us discuss doctrine or beliefs that we hold in common with each other, or think we hold in common.

First and foremost is:

We are saved by grace.

I know many times LDS get hung up on keeping the commandments and following Christ's example to love and care for our fellow man. But, we ALL agree that without the grace of Christ ALL mankind is lost and fallen forever.

What others are on your mind?

Most of the time we believe KILLING EACHOTHER is a bad idea. I think a simplification is good: no murdering and avoid incidental death and mayhem by not running over the guy on the bicycle even if he is in your lane and is only doing thirteen miles an hour.

Most of the time we believe KILLING EACHOTHER is a bad idea. I think a simplification is good: no murdering and avoid incidental death and mayhem by not running over the guy on the bicycle even if he is in your lane and is only doing thirteen miles an hour.

why is there no laugh button??

why is there no laugh button??

I think the need of a constant laugh button is always appreciated by both Latter-day Saints and those that might self-define as our polar-opposite. Everyone needs a good sense of humor. I think I would like everyone's laugh button should be right in the middle of the forehead so anyone can slap it and heal the other through laughter.

This of course means, there is the common agreement of the gifts of the spirit as described by Paul. There is a great thread on this already, but I might add the "spiritual gift of a laugh button."

The only thing about having a laugh button in the middle of the forehead...it would get in the way of my "L" for loser. At least that's what my teenagers call me when I embarrass the heck out of them.

My last few threads were designed to help bridge any gap that may exist between LDS and our non-LDS friends on this forum in common areas where words are interpreted differently. I think there was a lot of good, constructive discussion. I look forward to more.

Now, I'd like to see us discuss doctrine or beliefs that we hold in common with each other, or think we hold in common.

First and foremost is:

We are saved by grace.

I know many times LDS get hung up on keeping the commandments and following Christ's example to love and care for our fellow man. But, we ALL agree that without the grace of Christ ALL mankind is lost and fallen forever.

What others are on your mind?

To go along with being saved by grace, we have in common first the more fundamental belief that Jesus Christ in the Son of God, and the Savior and Redeemer of the world. We cannot praise His name enough.