What is your tipping point?

boyando

If you are a conservative, what would you say it would take to make you a President Obama fan?

If you are a liberal, what would it take to change you mind?

I will freely admit that I am very conservative and will also admit that it would take a lot to change my position. Here are a few things that I need, in no particular order.

1. I would need to see a return to a reason to invest money.

2. Fire all Czar's.

3. Stop promoting "green jobs" that sent Spain into the unemployment into a tail spin.

4. A lot less political pay backs and even less spending.

5. More of Americans back to work.

Do you mean besides the biggest forced liquidation in our lifetime?

2. Fire all Czar's.

Bureaucrats will never do this, it is the work of the people.

3. Stop promoting "green jobs" that sent Spain into the unemployment into a tail spin.

Green jobs are fine, as long as they are produced by the free market.

The whole lot of Americans on all sides of politics are growing more and more tired of cronyism. Additionally, Keynesian expansionism is more and more under scrutiny.

The only thing government can do to promote American employment is get out of the way.

-a-train

He would need to:

1. Greatly reduce the size of government.

2. Undo Ominibus and the stimulus bill. Tarp may have been necessary on some level, but he has already violated the terms of TARP.

3. Slash foreign aid and wasteful government spending.

4. Reform the tax code. (flat tax, fair tax etc.)

5. Let companies rise or fall and stop picking winners or losers.

6. Get a more manly dog.....j/k

Edited by bytor2112

If you are a conservative, what would you say it would take to make you a President Obama fan?

If you are a liberal, what would it take to change you mind?

I will freely admit that I am very conservative and will also admit that it would take a lot to change my position. Here are a few things that I need, in no particular order.

2. Fire all Czar's.

Nothing can....nor for a republican president. It is time for the Savior to replace all form of corrupted governments. ^_^

Nothing can....nor for a republican president. It is time for the Savior to replace all form of corrupted governments. ^_^

With all due respect Hemi, I find this position extremely socially offensive. There is no need for us to wait for someone to come in a white robe and save us all, we can deal with the problems right now -- it just takes a change in values that correspond with the Earth and humanity.

never doubt that a small group of people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.

No idea who first said that

Margaret Mead, my friend.

Hemidakota, I'm not going to have a 'duke out' with you on your beliefs -- because that is what they are: beliefs. No arguing will ever change those things, it takes a change in someone's environment (mostly) for that sort of change. So in light of that, you're welcome to them.

It's not that I'm saying "you are definitely wrong" it's just that I have a very high standard of proof.

Not being American, I can't vote, but I can say that I would vote for a Republican if someone like Eisenhower ran, or Teddy Roosevelt. Both were visionaries in their own way: Eisenhower created the interstate highway system, launched the space race and established a safety net for Americans. Roosevelt prevented monopolies, introduced the idea of a national health insurance and also fought against corrupted judges who were trying to put down the labour movement.

Honestly, Republicans have had great Presidents in the past. Just like Democrats have had great Presidents like Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman.

So basically, it wouldn't be that hard for me to go from being Democrat to Republican or Republican to Democrat. I'm one of the 9% who is not defined by party.

Hemidakota, I'm not going to have a 'duke out' with you on your beliefs -- because that is what they are: beliefs. No arguing will ever change those things, it takes a change in someone's environment (mostly) for that sort of change. So in light of that, you're welcome to them.

It's not that I'm saying "you are definitely wrong" it's just that I have a very high standard of proof.

Spend less time assuming and more time in asking...that is the difference between us. I don't speculate here.

Spend less time assuming and more time in asking...that is the difference between us. I don't speculate here.

Perhaps you should. You don't speculate, but when you put your opinions and thoughts out there the way that you do, they come across looking like fact, when they are not. You ought to at least make the distinction.

Until you provide evidence of this upcoming second-coming it is ALL speculation, that's what meta-physics is -- and that's why I put it up to a standard of proof, otherwise I'd believe anything.

Thank-you for sharing your point of view, though.