New Church Books

Guest lt

Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any new church books out there that are good?

Here are a few I came up with.......

Also what do you think of a book club?

• 1 month later...

I recently finished reading the History of the Church by Joseph Smith Jr. and am now reading the Comprehensive Histrory of the Church written by B.H. Roberts, and I recommend both of them. I think they're much more interesting than the tidbits of history we get from following the Sunday School curriculum.

• 3 weeks later...

I borrowed from the Bishop, Sacred Sites - Searching for Book of Mormon Lands, Joseph Allen Ph.D. published by Covenant Recordings, 2003.

The book is a beautifully illustrated illustrated book and survey of BoM mesoamerican evidences. If you are fast, you can get through it in a couple of Sacrament Meetings. It's a not terrifically substantive but it did get me interested in the field.

Here's a link to an article by the author: http://www.ldsmag.com/articles/030916bofm.html

Here's a review: http://farms.byu.edu/display.php?table=review&id=545

• 1 month later...

The only LDS church books that I'm interested in at the moment are:

Four Zinas - A Story of Mothers and Daughters on the Mormon Frontier by Martha Sonntag Bradley and Mary Brown Firmage Woodward

and

An Abundant Life: The Memoirs of Hugh B. Brown - Edwin B. Firmage, editor

M.

There are quite a few books that I have enjoyed recently both church and non-church related. I tend to read light mysteries and soul provoking books. Things mostly to inspire me or make me think about life.

"In the Potter's Hands" by Camille Fonk

" The Peacegiver" by James L. Ferrell

I also like books by M.C. Beaton- Agatha Raisin Mysteries, Janet Evanovich, and

Ann George.

Our ward has a book club and picks a certain book for everyone to read and discuss. Would anyone be interested in that?

Side note: I am an assistant Librarian in the public library in a small town, so books are my thing!!!

Tammy