friend of Mormons

fatima

Hi all,

I am a Catholic mama of a pretty large family. A lovely Mormon gal has become a friend, and we have great discussions about our respective faiths. She and I both find frustration with those who perpetuate misunderstanding, and those who outright lie about our doctrines. I'm hear to learn about her faith.

God's Will be done in all things,

Fatima

This is my first post, and I actually registered specifically so I could post and thank you for being here and for being a friend to your LDS sister.

I am very blessed to have some good Catholic friends from whom I have learned SO much. I had a lot of misconceptions about Catholicism, and if not for their willingness to talk with me about their faith, I'd be stuck with those false ideas. Over the last couple of years, we've learned to come to each others' defenses when our beliefs are misrepresented. Just try to tell me Catholics worship Mary, and beware my claws. ;)

I've gained a real appreciation for our similarities - for the reverence of Communion/Sacrament, the importance of sacraments/ordinances, Papal/priesthood authority - and have gotten a better handle on our differences (the Trinity/Godhead issue providing some of our best discussion fodder).

Thanks for approaching your friendship with this woman in such a thoughtful way!

ETA: I'm a mom of a large family, too! :)