A Very Close Call For A Board Member

Setheus

Two Navy SEAL/s Missing in Afghanistan were located dead in Afghanistan. These men were very good friends of mine. One of them went through BUD/s with me. Another SEAL was rescued on Saturday. You guys know him as "Eros Augustus". The fourth team member's location is still unknown.

Eros took shelter in an Afghan village elder's home in the province before he notified our command of his location.

Eros is in stable condition and receiving medical treatment at the main US base at Bagram.

I can't tell you anymore details about this but I thought you guys might want to know the happenings of one of the board members and also a man who is a brother to me.

Setheus~

You know that our prayers are with all of you at this time. If you need anything, you know you only have to ask and your "board family" will respond.

Tell him best wishes from all of us here, and thoughts and prayers will continue.

I would smile, but the tears are still getting in the way,

Lindy

I've been hearing about this story for a few days and have been interested in the whole scenario. It hits just a little closer to home when the person involved is someone you rubbed shoulders with on the board. Give Eros my best regards and thanks if you get the chance. Let your other friend's family know that these men did not die in vain, they were fighting for the liberty of others, and made the ultimate sacrifice for a just cause.

Setheus~

For all it is worth.... I am sorry from the bottom of my heart.

For you of those who have military pride and honor.....they found the body of the missing SEAL. :(

Freedom has a price.

Setheus,

I'm very thankful that we have brave men and women serving in the military. It is through their great scarifies that we are able to enjoy the freedom and security in the USA that we have become accustomed to. :)

These men and women are the true heroes of our country ... not the sports characters or entertainment industry figures that the media makes such a ruckus over. :D

It saddens the heart to learn about the death and injury of some of these fine protectors. :(

I pray that their families and fellow military comrades can take some solace in knowing how thankful we, as citizens are, to their efforts. I also pray that most can return home safely! :)

Moon hangs around

A blade over my head

Reminds me what to do before I'm dead

Night consumes light

And all I dread

The sun reclines

Eats my mind

Reminds me what to leave behind

Light eats night

And all I never said

To see you

To touch you

To see you

To touch you

Epochs fly, reminds me

What I hide, reminds me

The desert skies

Cracks the spies

Reminds me what I never tried

The ocean wide salted red

To see you

To touch you

To feel you

To tell you

The sun reclines-remind me

The desert skies-remind me

The ocean wide salted red

To see you

To touch you

To feel you

To tell you

Originally posted by begood2@Jul 12 2005, 04:42 AM

Setheus,

I'm very thankful that we have brave men and women serving in the military. It is through their great scarifies that we are able to enjoy the freedom and security in the USA that we have become accustomed to. :)

These men and women are the true heroes of our country ... not the sports characters or entertainment industry figures that the media makes such a ruckus over. :D

It saddens the heart to learn about the death and injury of some of these fine protectors. :(

I pray that their families and fellow military comrades can take some solace in knowing how thankful we, as citizens are, to their efforts. I also pray that most can return home safely! :)

AMEN and very well said Begood2!

Setheus,

Your poem...I can't imagine the tremendous feelings that you must feel. It isn't much but my heart goes out to you and those you work with. :( I want to ask how you are but it feels like it wouldn't be right or enough. I do appreciate what you and the others are doing to protect our homeland. What can you share with us about the current status of our friend Eros Augustus?

KABUL, Afghanistan - The body of the missing U.S. commando has been located in eastern Afghanistan, bringing an end to the desperate search for the last member of an ill-fated, four-man Special Forces unit that disappeared last month.

Eros was rescued on July 3, and the other two were found dead the next day.

The body of the fourth U.S. Navy SEAL was found Sunday in Kunar province by Massiliamo's and my search and rescue team. All indications are that he died in fighting; a purported Taliban spokesman had claimed that he was captured alive and beheaded.

The name of the commando will not be immediately released, pending notification of family.

The Taliban spokesman, Mullah Latif Hakimi, never offered proof to back up his claim that the rebels were holding the commando or that they had killed him. Information from Hakimi in the past has sometimes proven exaggerated or untrue, and his exact tie to the Taliban leadership cannot be independently verified.

Eros' SEAL team went missing after a special forces helicopter carrying reinforcements to a mountainous area in eastern Kunar province was shot down on June 28, killing all 16 Americans on board, the deadliest single attack on the U.S. military since the war here began in 2001.

Setheus~ Have you seen the article from TIME magazine "How the Shepherd Saved the SEAL" ?

This is a printout page of the article........

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/printout...1081394,00.html

here's the home page:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine

How is Eros doing? Send him our best wishes would you?

You keep some for yourself too....

Originally posted by begood2@Jul 15 2005, 05:42 AM

Lindy,

I found the Time article to be very interesting. Thank you for sharing. :)

no problemo :) Glad you had a chance to read it :)

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Jul 13 2005, 10:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ Jul 13 2005, 10:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--begood2@Jul 12 2005, 04:42 AM

Setheus,

It saddens the heart to learn about the death and injury of some of these fine protectors.  :(

SF,

Thank You! :)

I'm trying to provide a positive contribution.

Originally posted by begood2+Jul 15 2005, 11:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (begood2 @ Jul 15 2005, 11:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Strawberry Fields@Jul 13 2005, 10:48 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--begood2@Jul 12 2005, 04:42 AM

Setheus,

It saddens the heart to learn about the death and injury of some of these fine protectors.  :(

SF,

Thank You! :)

I'm trying to provide a positive contribution.

I do believe that you are :)

Seth,

We are so proud of you guys and all that you do to continue to

keep our country safe. We are very blessed to have such committed men and woman in our armed forces today who are willing to lay down there lives for our country in the time of need. I pray you, your comrads, and your families are safe and well. We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers.......