1842 Sciences Compared To 2005....

leeuniverse

These pic's are taken from Session 2 of John E. Clark's presentation (time 1:32) at the Joseph Smith Symposium at the Library of Congress. Joseph Smith Conference

Unfortunately, the video wasn't clear to read the exact text, even the original wasn't fully clear. But, it gives at least an idea of how much science actually compared to Book of Mormon claims in 1845 compared to now in 2005.

Green=Known

Red=Unknown

White=Probable/Indeterminant

Posted Image

Posted Image

VIDEO =

As you can see.... There is significant "validation" of Book of Mormon claims, that Joseph simply couldn't have known about.

I highly recommend folks watch the entire conference, the whole of Session 2 was especially good.

Edited by leeuniverse
link updated

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by leeuniverse@Jul 20 2005, 10:50 PM

These pic's are taken from Session 2 of John E. Clark's presentation (time 1:32) at the Joseph Smith Symposium at the Library of Congress. http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,...-3067-1,00.html

Unfortunately, the video wasn't clear to read the exact text, even the original wasn't fully clear. But, it gives at least an idea of how much science actually compared to Book of Mormon claims in 1845 compared to now in 2005.

Green=Known

Red=Unknown

White=Probable/Indeterminant

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see.... There is significant "validation" of Book of Mormon claims, that Joseph simply couldn't have known about.

I highly recommend folks watch the entire conference, the whole of Session 2 was especially good.

The problem with the BoM isn't the things it got right, which I beg to differ, isn't much, but with what it got WRONG. It was supposed to be the most correct book ever written, but the list of stuff that is wrong is extensive.

Originally posted by pushka@Aug 3 2005, 05:59 PM

Care to post a link to that list Cal? please...then I don't have to try to guess which of the many LDS sites it's on...or rather which of the 'anti'? sites it might be on...thanks! :)

I have no doubt you are bright enough to find them yourself ;)

The problem with the BoM isn't the things it got right, which I beg to differ, isn't much, but with what it got WRONG. It was supposed to be the most correct book ever written, but the list of stuff that is wrong is extensive.

Did you even look at the graphic?

Clearly, the stuff he GOT RIGHT is "extensive". Or didn't you notice the changes from red to green up till now, as well as the white?

I think your confused. For you ignore fact, so as to continue supporting your negative view of the Church.

The "fact", is that Joseph is being proven correct as time goes on. If he was actually a false prophet, there should be little change to the list. Yet, the list went from almost all red to almost all green. So, how do you explain that?

I also strongly encorage you to further see all he "got right" by reading the book "Lehi in the Wilderness", and watching the DVD's.

http://www.nephiproject.com

It is impossible for Joseph to have gotten so much right. Not to mention the fact of what the history tells of the translation process. Joseph had nothing to "plagurize" from, for there were plenty of witnesses to the process, the short time it was accomplished, as well as to the plates themselves.

• 4 years later...

Umm, a lot of what was "wrong" back in the 1800's has since proven to be "right" in the 2000's. What is left may yet be proven true or may not even be provable one way or the other. Archaeology is not so much a science as it is evidence-based storytelling. Some things we can know, some things we cannot.

I've always considered the Book of Mormon to be the most correct book as it pertains to spiritual and doctrinal matters.