Still unsure...

daenvgiell

In australia? I have no idea where to buy church books! Someone in your ward will know!

I'm not saying that reading them will change your life, and definately the book of mormon should be your priority, but reading that you needed to know he was pleased with you to have faith in him was a light bulb moment for me!

Are you pleased with your efforts? Maybe you need to start there...

How am I supposed to start there?

In australia? I have no idea where to buy church books! Someone in your ward will know!

I'm not saying that reading them will change your life, and definately the book of mormon should be your priority, but reading that you needed to know he was pleased with you to have faith in him was a light bulb moment for me!

I don't see how, I haven't even been trying this week. I think this weeks been a bit of a downer on this issue seeing as I haven't been trying, I don't know, maybe I don't really want the answer I say I'm looking for.

Daenvgiiel, its like reading my own words when I read your posts.

I've had these identical feelings for a few tears now. I have done almost everything and am starting to run out of ideas. I read the book of Mormon and pearl of great price in 40 days and prayed to get a testimony. I felt good reading it but that was all. I didnt feel anything from my prayers.

Some days I think, of course theres a God, its just me. Other days I suddenly think-how do I really know? Its these doubts that are making it hard for me to live the church.

Ive listened to and read millions of talks, talked with the Bishop, read the BOM-I'm in the same position.

How I feel about things now is that Ive realised that whethere its true or not (Ive also accepted I'll probably never know that either), I've just had enough of it and cant be bothered with it anymore.

However, if I was to stop going I know I would eventually be pulled back.

Its like a cant live with it cant live without it type thing. Its messing with my head but theres not much I can do about it, Ive done everything that normally works for most people, so its me. Its annoying and frsustrating but that is it.

PM me if you like if you want to talk more openly. Thanks to this situation I am very open and nothing can shock me or is off-limits for discussion. Ru from the UK btw?

I haven't read all the responses but when I read the OP, the first thing I thought was, "He (or she) who loses his life for my sake, will find it". (Matt 10:39, Matt 16:25).

Here is my recommendation. Find something charitable to do with your time. The church has lots of volunteer opportunities, but even if you can't find something within the church, read to kids at the public library, visit with the elderly at a hospital. Teach disabled kids how to play basketball (I did this as a missionary.) Tutor kids after school.

I think you are so concerned about finding an answer, that you aren't losing yourself in the charity of Christ. It is becoming about YOUR answer and YOUR feelings. I guarantee you, if you do these things, you will know there is a God and it will hit you like a ton of bricks.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read all the responses but when I read the OP, the first thing I thought was, "He (or she) who loses his life for my sake, will find it". (Matt 10:39, Matt 16:25).

Here is my recommendation. Find something charitable to do with your time. The church has lots of volunteer opportunities, but even if you can't find something within the church, read to kids at the public library, visit with the elderly at a hospital. Teach disabled kids how to play basketball (I did this as a missionary.) Tutor kids after school.

I think you are so concerned about finding an answer, that you aren't losing yourself in the charity of Christ. It is becoming about YOUR answer and YOUR feelings. I guarantee you, if you do these things, you will know there is a God and it will hit you like a ton of bricks.

but what if I don't have a lot of time to spare? I'm at uni 5 days a week, a very physical course - Full time dance student, with assignments to do and extra rehersals for up coming shows? I'm not trying to get out of it, I'm just asking, how do you fit everything in?

but what if I don't have a lot of time to spare? I'm at uni 5 days a week, a very physical course - Full time dance student, with assignments to do and extra rehersals for up coming shows? I'm not trying to get out of it, I'm just asking, how do you fit everything in?

I actually find when I have more to do, I get more done. Meaning the busier I am the more productive my time is. Does that make sense?

Here's what I recommend. Find a way to introduce charity into what you are already doing. You are a dance student? Great! Help tutor a student who is below you, or teach kids for an hour before or after your own classes. Coordinate with your instructor, and maybe s/he will have some suggestions. I think tutoring is a great way for you to master your own skills anyway, as you learn by teaching.