Eternal Nature Of Animals (dogs)..

Guest Maktub

Hey,

I am new to the board. My dog recently died and I am having a hard time getting over the sadness and sorrow that I feel without him in my life. He was truly an exceptional animal that meant the world to me. I have been searching the internet for LDS articles/books on animals (specificially companion animals) and their place in eternity, but haven't really found what I am looking for. I firmly believe that I will be reunited with my dog in the hereafter and would appreciate it if anybody could share their knowledge with me on this subject or point me to a good book written by an LDS author.

I know that he is in a better place, but I still worry about him and I want to feel comforted that he knows how much I love him and how sad I am that he had to die so soon. I never thought that an animal could have such an effect on my emotions and life.

Anyway, thanks for listening and I look forward to any response.

I believe the church teaches that ALL things were created in spirit before being made flesh. This would have to include your dog. So, since Fido was created by G*d in spirit that makes it an eternal being being that spirit can not be created or destroyed. My theory, Fido is in fact in the presence of its creator doing whatever it is that dogs do in "heaven". Will Fido be your "companion" in the here after?...I do not know. But I know that Fido will be there so I'm sure you'll still get to throw a few frisbes around. ;)

I myself look foward to seeing my 5 dogs, 3 rats, 1 hairless albino rat with one eye named Lucky, a green iguana, Savanna Monitor, Raven named Sam, and 2 or 3 hamsters....I now have Dobermans and a Miniature Pinscher. Hope dog food is cheap there. :lol:

Haven't you guys heard? All dogs go to heaven. They even made a couple movies on the subject. Cats on the other hand, while fun to shoot with BB guns, will likely be relegated to hell, since most cats don't have the capacity to give love freely like dogs do.

While we're on the subject, why do you think my kid's cat hisses every time I enter the same room as it is in, even though it has to know that I am the only one in my house who cleans out his litter box? He has to know who takes care of him, because he sits and whines at me when it's not clean enough for his liking. Maybe he could try a couple weeks out on his own to learn who his real friends are. :notworthy:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by john doe@Sep 3 2005, 07:39 AM

Haven't you guys heard? All dogs go to heaven. They even made a couple movies on the subject. Cats on the other hand, while fun to shoot with BB guns, will likely be relegated to hell, since most cats don't have the capacity to give love freely like dogs do.

While we're on the subject, why do you think my kid's cat hisses every time I enter the same room as it is in, even though it has to know that I am the only one in my house who cleans out his litter box? He has to know who takes care of him, because he sits and whines at me when it's not clean enough for his liking. Maybe he could try a couple weeks out on his own to learn who his real friends are. :notworthy:

You are probably the sick @#$!%&%#@ who poisoned and shot darts and skinned our cats alive.

People like you should be shot with bb guns.

Originally posted by Please+Sep 3 2005, 10:48 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-john doe@Sep 3 2005, 07:39 AM

You are probably the sick @#$!%&%#@ who poisoned and shot darts and skinned our cats alive.

Did that really happen what a trial that must have been. Were those wicked cats?

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Sep 3 2005, 12:16 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Sep 3 2005, 10:48 AM

Did that really happen what a trial that must have been. Were those wicked cats?

LOL. Actually they were the innocent who had to suffer because of the wickedness of some men.

I would like to ask a question. Have you ever heard the discussion on the reputation of New Orleans as a city?

Have you heard the discussion they held on the reputation on Shrilanka and that place where the tital wave struck hardest?

Did you know they were both known as two of the most lucivious places on the earth?

Cities as a whole, not speaking now of the individual, but collectively, are known by the whole world as very wicked places. Now if the innocent choose to live among the wicked... who is to be blamed?

Orem, Utah has grown 20 times as big because many have imigrated here for the family friendly area. There is less crime here than in many other cities.

Does that mean there is no crime? No, and there probably won't be a place that pure until Christ cleanses the whole earth one place at a time.

Originally posted by Please+Sep 3 2005, 02:06 PM-->

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Sep 3 2005, 12:16 PM

LOL. Actually they were the innocent who had to suffer because of the wickedness of some men.

I would like to ask a question. Have you ever heard the discussion on the reputation of New Orleans as a city?

Have you heard the discussion they held on the reputation on Shrilanka and that place where the tital wave struck hardest?

Did you know they were both known as two of the most lucivious places on the earth?

Cities as a whole, not speaking now of the individual, but collectively, are known by the whole world as very wicked places. Now if the innocent choose to live among the wicked... who is to be blamed?

Orem, Utah has grown 20 times as big because many have imigrated here for the family friendly area. There is less crime here than in many other cities.

Does that mean there is no crime? No, and there probably won't be a place that pure until Christ cleanses the whole earth one place at a time.

I think that you really believe that the Lord just took these people out. "Wicked so be gone with you" Last night I watched the 20/20 special on the hurricane. They talked about the possibility that they reason why it look do long to get the Federal aid programs to step into the relief effort is because many of the people there are poor and black. Do you also believe that that was part of the Lords plan to be rid of these people?

:signs.backtotopic:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Sep 3 2005, 02:39 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Sep 3 2005, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Sep 3 2005, 12:16 PM

I think that you really believe that the Lord just took these people out. "Wicked so be gone with you" Last night I watched the 20/20 special on the hurricane. They talked about the possibility that they reason why it look do long to get the Federal aid programs to step into the relief effort is because many of the people there are poor and black. Do you also believe that that was part of the Lords plan to be rid of these people?

:signs.backtotopic:

I do believe that many wicked things were put to a sudden and complete stop when the city drowned.

I don't believe only the wicked suffered. It has never been so. After all, Christ was innocent.

Have you read the book of mormon lately? Do you remember that story in Alma where Alma and Amuleck are being forced to watch their believers burn under the hand of the wicked king?

The innocent do suffer at the hands of the wicked. But the statement made then, when Alma was constrained not to put forth his hand to save the innocent from the fire, that it would be a sure judgment against the wicked king to allow him to sin to the fullest extent.

The innocent are caught up to God's thrown... there is no need to mourn for them..

the wicked on the other hand, are the ones we should mourn for.

All the suffering they cause others, and having a city destroyed by God for their wickedness certainly can be put in this catagory, will be all on their head on judgment day.

Try seeing it from God's perspective and purpose.

Originally posted by Please+Sep 3 2005, 09:48 AM-->

Are you accusing me? And threatening me in the same post? Sounds to me like someone woke up and found out they were all out of Diet Coke and the convenience stores are closed. Get a grip, and calm down a couple notches. Make that a lot of notches.

Originally posted by john doe+Sep 3 2005, 11:03 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Sep 3 2005, 09:48 AM

Are you accusing me? And threatening me in the same post? Sounds to me like someone woke up and found out they were all out of Diet Coke and the convenience stores are closed. Get a grip, and calm down a couple notches. Make that a lot of notches.

:lol:

How can a cat be skinned alive after they had been poisoned and shot with darts?

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Sep 3 2005, 11:10 PM-->

Originally posted by john doe@Sep 3 2005, 11:03 PM

How can a cat be skinned alive after they had been poisoned and shot with darts?

I never knew you could be so weird. I had 7 cats. Two died from poisoning when they were just kittens. One had the tail and rear end skinned off of him and then set on our porch. One was shot with a dart. One was hit by a car while on the sidewalk, and one had its guts strew all over that back yard after having its belly sliced open with a butcher knife and one was taken from our front yard and left several miles away.

It all happened in one years time. We had a creep for a neighbor. When he moved, the stuff stopped.

Originally posted by Please+Sep 3 2005, 11:52 PM-->

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Sep 3 2005, 11:10 PM

Originally posted by john doe@Sep 3 2005, 11:03 PM

I never knew you could be so weird. I had 7 cats. Two died from poisoning when they were just kittens. One had the tail and rear end skinned off of him and then set on our porch. One was shot with a dart. One was hit by a car while on the sidewalk, and one had its guts strew all over that back yard after having its belly sliced open with a butcher knife and one was taken from our front yard and left several miles away.

It all happened in one years time. We had a creep for a neighbor. When he moved, the stuff stopped.

:o

Please, those are terrible things that happened to your cats, and I hope that the 'creep' got his just desserts eventually for causing such pain.

I'm sorry but I just cannot agree with your thoughts/feelings as to why the recent Tsunami and Hurricane in New Orleans took place, however. I'm surprised that Snow hasn't joined in this discussion and pointed out about natural disasters occurring etc. Your views are soo outdated/medieval even...I feel sorry for all that suffered in these disasters, and you cannot blame 'righteous' people for choosing to live in a district that you think is evil.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by pushka@Sep 6 2005, 06:29 PM

Please, those are terrible things that happened to your cats, and I hope that the 'creep' got his just desserts eventually for causing such pain.

I'm sorry but I just cannot agree with your thoughts/feelings as to why the recent Tsunami and Hurricane in New Orleans took place, however.  I'm surprised that Snow hasn't joined in this discussion and pointed out about natural disasters occurring etc.  Your views are soo outdated/medieval even...I feel sorry for all that suffered in these disasters, and you cannot blame 'righteous' people for choosing to live in a district that you think is evil.

I agree with one thing you said, you cannot blame 'righteous' people for choosing to live in a district that you think is evil.

Righteous people are rare, and so it is probable that there is no other place to live for the righteous.