Am I the only one?

bytor2112

Has anyone noticed that President Obama DOESN"T have a plan for health care reform? Could this be at least part of the growing resistance to this hot potato issue? Why is he so willing to leave it in the hands of those maniacs in Congress?

Seems perfectly reasonable that more people would buy in IF President Obama put forth his own plan with lots of SPECIFIC details including how it will be funded and how he is going to slash wasteful spending to offset the cost, etc, etc,etc.

Has anyone noticed that President Obama DOESN"T have a plan for health care reform? Could this be at least part of the growing resistance to this hot potato issue? Why is he so willing to leave it in the hands of those maniacs in Congress?

Seems perfectly reasonable that more people would buy in IF President Obama put forth his own plan with lots of SPECIFIC details including how it will be funded and how he is going to slash wasteful spending to offset the cost, etc, etc,etc.

President Obama is a very intelligent, educated, and wise person; {he actually "earned" his grades in colleage}:)

President Obama is a very intelligent, educated, and wise person; {he actually "earned" his grades in colleage}:)

Okay.....and I am guessing that your are no doubt referring to former President Bush, who, had a higher GPA at Yale than both Gore and Kerry and earned an MBA from Harvard, but that's beside the point. Your response didn't address the post.....at all. I agree, I think President Obama is a very intelligent man. Besides President Bush's oratory deficiency's, he also was a very intelligent man as was former President Clinton. So what's your point???

Could you please actually post something that makes sense?????????? I did not insult President Obama in the slightest, I simply made an observation and posed a question, why not try answering it???????????

Side note: Not sure what a colleage is? Is that one of those elementary school art projects where you glue lots of pictures to some poster board or is that just some really poor spelling by one who judges other people's level of intelligence and education.:cool:

Edited by bytor2112

Lovely, so he's a very intelligent, educated and wise person... without a plan.

Actually if he was ill educated, dumb as a brick and a fool to boot that would explain his lacking a plan, however since by your own admission he isn't those things that just makes it more jarring. Obama doesn't even have to come up with a plan all by his lonesome, he has people to do that with/for him, he just needs to 'own' a well constructed and detailed plan, and push it as his own. Its a question of leading the troops instead of having the troops lead him, a lieutenant can let the experienced sergeant do most of the work and details but he has to at least appear to be in charge.

Honestly I hear more about what healthcare reform isn't than I do what it is. Yes, I'm aware he's attempting to correct misinformation, but if he just sits on the defensive he looks ineffective.

Edited by Dravin

Has anyone noticed that President Obama DOESN"T have a plan for health care reform?

Yes! Yes, you ARE the only one who noticed that! :notworthy:

:lol:

I think the idea is to let that venerable deliberative body (that would be congress for you non-library types) hash it out, so it's more of a collaborative effort. Clinton got skewered for pushing a plan from the White House.

Why hasn't he provided copies of his records to the public?

As for his "intelligence"...he can't speak without a teleprompter. lol

Edited by GrandmaAri

Lovely, so he's a very intelligent, educated and wise person... without a plan.

Actually if he was ill educated, dumb as a brick and a fool to boot that would explain his lacking a plan, however since by your own admission he isn't those things that just makes it more jarring. Obama doesn't even have to come up with a plan all by his lonesome, he has people to do that with/for him, he just needs to 'own' a well constructed and detailed plan, and push it as his own. Its a question of leading the troops instead of having the troops lead him, a lieutenant can let the experienced sergeant do most of the work and details but he has to at least appear to be in charge.

Honestly I hear more about what healthcare reform isn't than I do what it is. Yes, I'm aware he's attempting to correct misinformation, but if he just sits on the defensive he looks ineffective.

Obama is commander and chief of community organizing. ;)

Obama wants health care to be set up as a cooperative effort. As was said he didnt want to fall into the trap that Clinton did of not getting enough input.

He has a somewhat idealistic idea that the american people can come up with a plan they like. As I recall he did give some ideas for the health plan but wanted input from us.

As was said he didnt want to fall into the trap that Clinton did of not getting enough input.

Is it possible he's gone to far the other way in trying to avoid that? I think so. I can imagine that trying to find the right balance between handing down the blessed plan from on high, and just throwing it out there and telling them to let him know when they've come up with something is tricky. I feel sorry for the man, he has inherited some sticky situations (and charged head long into others) and unless he pulls off miracles quite a few people aren't going to be happy with him, that is partially mitigated by the fact that he sought after the presidency.

Edited by Dravin

No, you are not the only one. Since your post is almost verbatim the chatter I hear around the office from those who drink the conservative kool-aid (to use your term), I can assure you that you are not the only one who has "noticed" :)

(In case it wasn't clear, I'm just giving you a hard time. Frankly I'm so tired about hearing about health care reform and Obama, I really don't care one way or the other right now as long as people stop arguing)

I think the Pres. is trying to avoid the mistake Clinton made in trying to push a completely pre-formed plan on the Congress. And I have to disagree--he has made some specific proposals, and is trying to nudge Congress in a certain direction, while letting them participate, debate, etc., and work out the details. Besides, it IS technically the Congress's job to write the laws, not the President's.

\Besides, it IS technically the Congress's job to write the laws, not the President's.

Meh... Who cares about technicalities like that anymore? Screw the rules and nationalize GM, then the health insurance industry in the name of blind empathy. It's not like the majority of our elected officials value the Constitution anymore.

If by lacking a plan you mean he borrows heavily from Romney's healthcare plan (that passed) and umm..who is that other guy..also a Republican..ok I totally forgot the name lol. But I will find it! Anyways his healthcare plan figures heavily into Pres. Obama's plan. And guess what? They both worked in their states :P