Survivor

Dr T

That's a good example of how he is playing (I loved playing Mafia) :) I like all the dynamics. They don't show much of the tribe that keeps winning the challenges. It will be interesting to see how that tribe interacts. I'm ready to watch the next one! :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what were your thoughts for this week's episode?

Personally I think Russell (from the Foa Foa tribe) hit an all new level of creepy, and I don't mean in his manipulation but rather from one of his comments.

I found it interesting to see the dynamics of the other tribe after the immunity challenge. I have to say that they definitely act more like a regular tribe than the other tribe does. And I think it has a lot to do with Russell. I did find it interesting that Russell has moved on from Jaison. Very interesting episode.

I agree with that. Yasmine was very annoying to me and SUPER lazy. I had to roll my eyes when she said she wasn't judging anybody but then in the next breath she said, "Monica did the worst" and "I'm not doing any work because the tribe picks out any reason to say you did such and such wrong so I'm not doing a darn thing" k, that was my paraphrase but I hope you get my drift. Then she followed that by saying that she has been playing the game since day one. Uh, NO. If you're really playing the game then play, put in the work, help the tribe as you can and develop good relationships that people can trust. I had a hard time between Monica and Yaz today. They both seemed to be really good candidates to vote off. We'll see how it goes from here. Oh, what about Shambo losing the chicken? I thought it was a bummer but not really worth throwing a big fit about. Jaison will start to complain more I think-I will not like it if he does. The other tribe found the idol. I don't think he'll be around until the 33+ day on the island though but I'm not sure. We'll see.

I agree about Yasmin as well, I thought the statement she made about not working so that she wouldn't have people getting upset with her for what she was doing was idiotic. People get just as upset with someone who is not doing anything as they do with someone who does stuff but messes up a lot. I was actually quite happy that their tribe lost immunity because I think they needed to really experience the stress that comes with a tribal counsel. It feels almost like their tribe has become club med and suddenly losing is shaking things up for them.

What really interested me was the division in the tribe. In the Foa Foa tribe they tend to vote together, probably due to Russell. However in the other tribe they were very split, with the leader of the tribe seeming to expect that everyone would follow him just because he was the leader. It will be interesting to see where it all goes. If their tribe loses more in the future then there could be some major shaking up of their tribe.

Yes Tarnished, great point. I forgot about that part-Russel the tribe leader thinking that "Since I'm the leader they will have to do what I say and vote out who I want voted out" and then it didn't happen. I also wonder how he will react to that. It will be fun to watch. :) I'm glad you are watching and talking about it here Tarnished :)

So this week's episode was interesting. I thought Russell's comment about how he wants to be the only one playing mind games was amusing. Here he is putting down the rest of his team for not playing the game and then the moment Liz starts to act as if she is actually playing he gets all upset. I also found it interesting how the rain really took the strategy out of Russell's game. As crazy as it is I think Liz's days are numbered because of the things she said to Russell. However, I also see Jaison making some comments that could bring his days with the tribe to a crashing halt as well. What I find interesting is during the immunity challenge Liz was the one who really held on longest with the whole thing. That may give her some leverage in the future. As for Ashley getting voted off, I saw it coming. And I think she knew her days were numbered from before when she had people putting down her name for being voted off before. I think the fact that she lost them the food challenge put the nail in the coffin.

On the other side (Galu tribe) I think Shambo's days are numbered. I think that if they lose immunity again that she will be voted off. The people in her tribe really don't want her around. I think they showed that best at the food challenge where they sent her over (again) to the Foa Foa tribe, which meant that she missed out on the steaks and brats that her tribe got. Ouch! What I will find interesting is if they do something to mix up the tribes in the future.

Looking forward to see what will happen next week.

I felt pretty bad for Shambo as well. I can understand why the other Russell sent her over to the other tribe but it does seem like the Galu is full of a bunch of people who really just sit around not worrying about stuff and when one of them does actually try to help out, and sometimes makes mistakes that they attack that person.

I felt bad for Shambo; she did great during the challenge and didn't get any of the reward, but her tribemates who sat out got the reward they didn't even help get!

I was mildly annoyed at Ashley for not finishing the challenge; yes, I'm sure it's disgusting, but she had like ONE bite left.

Yes, I felt bad for Shamboo too :( She really wanted/needed the food and as for Ash, she was SO close to finishing it. That was a bummer. That stuff did look SO gross! They needed the tarps so they would keep out of the rain! They should have picked those over the pillows!

I felt pretty bad for Shambo as well. I can understand why the other Russell sent her over to the other tribe but it does seem like the Galu is full of a bunch of people who really just sit around not worrying about stuff and when one of them does actually try to help out, and sometimes makes mistakes that they attack that person.

I'm with u on that Tarnished. They DO sit around and not do too much and pounce on the person for that. It must be the pecking order. Ok, what's up with Russels beard? Why are there four dots that don't have any hair? Just wondering...

Yes, I felt bad for Shamboo too :( She really wanted/needed the food and as for Ash, she was SO close to finishing it. That was a bummer. That stuff did look SO gross! They needed the tarps so they would keep out of the rain! They should have picked those over the pillows!

I'm with u on that Tarnished. They DO sit around and not do too much and pounce on the person for that. It must be the pecking order. Ok, what's up with Russels beard? Why are there four dots that don't have any hair? Just wondering...

I agree, about the tarp over the pillows. I think it was funny that one of the girls actually said, "I am now wishing that we took the tarp instead of the pillows." I thought, well of course, what were you thinking, that this was some sort of resort??

As for Russell's beard, some men just can't grow full beards, they have weird things that happen with their facial hair, bald spots and such. Maybe his face just doesn't grow hair there. Then again maybe he shaves them to make him look cool or something. I know my husband will not grow a full beard because he says he can't as once the facial hair reaches his cheeks it begins to do funky stuff.

An interesting show tonight. How do you get dehydrated with five days of rain? There is an abundance of food naturally from the earth in Samoa.

I think the oil baron Russell has a great game going and I am rooting for him to win it all. He may be odd but I like the way he plays and agree that most are lazy butts on the island in both tribes.

Ben Raines

Yes, I agree with you that it was an interesting episode Ben. I thought it was great. I also agree that there are many lazy people playing on both sides. With all that down time because of the rain, do something about it (if you can). Patch up what you can in the shelter or something. I felt bad for Russell cause I know he wanted to keep playing. Good call for them to kick him out of the game. Good call to send them back to their camps too I thought. When this show was over I wondered, "Will Russell win the whole thing?" He did not seem to be having a hard time while everybody else seemed miserable. He does great in the challenges too. I'm glad they were going to vote out Monica! Last thing, the two tribes seem to be at it all the time-not liking each other. I saw that Eric really stepped up tonight and challenged them all basically saying, "Bring it!" to the yellow or is that color brown now? tribe. :) It will be fun to watch.

I found the episode to be interesting as well. I did not at think that Russell from Galu would be the one to have a medical emergency. I do think that if he didn't pass out that Foa Foa would have won the challenge. I would not be surprised at all if Russell from Foa Foa won the game. He has been playing it since the thing started. It will be interesting to see what happens when they merge the teams.

The way things went with the challenge forced both tribes to think about who they would kick off at a tribal counsel, and made both tribes really decide where they were taking things. I think for Galu Monica will be the next one to go. I do find it interesting that the men are planning on protecting Shambo. I was sure that she would be the next to go, but what they said is true, she holds the least sway, so she would be the one person who would be best to keep around as she would be less of a threat. However when the merge does happen I do see her becoming closer to the Foa Foa people.

With the Foa Foa tribe I think Liz will probably end up going next. She has shown herself to be a threat to Russell so I think he will be getting rid of her as soon as he can.

Did you guys see the previews for next week. I think it is funny that the previews are now using Russell's lingo, "Next week: Another Russell seed is planted in the other tribe." Interesting to see where that will take things.

I agree Tarnished. Those are good points you made. I was wrong with my prediction. I thought somebody was hurt because of being blindfolded but it wasn't that. I also agree that Sham will be much closer than they think to the other tribe when they merge. I'm glad the guys will stick up for her (if they really do). We'll see.