Survivor

Dr T

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Shambo poses less of a threat. To tell the truth I don't think anyone on her team really likes her. And that makes her less of a threat because when worse comes to worse you can always vote Shambo off and no one will argue. Though she has really gone out of her way to be useful she has still managed to bumble her way through a lot of it. This has caused some bad feelings. Notice, out of everyone Shambo was the only one who went around trying to plead her case so as to not get voted off. She knows she is on thin ice, which as I see it, makes her less of a threat. Monica on the other hand already has a little posse going on, get rid of one person from the posse and it becomes weaker. The guys are getting ready to pick the girls off one by one, and are leaving Shambo for last because she will be easy to get rid of when the time comes.

Last night's episode was interesting. I would never have guessed Shambo to be voted in as leader. But the guys got exactly what they wanted from it, Shambo became their willing puppet. It was interesting to see who she sent to Foa Foa. On the Foa Foa side, I was not surprised to see Liz go, but I was half expecting Jaison to go as well. I think Russell is too interested in his plans though to have kept Liz around. What I do find interesting are some of the comments Russell made. Like the comment about his team losing him the money, or the comment that they need to change something so that they can win. You can tell that he wants to win, but he doesn't realize that it is him that is causing his team to have such awful luck. He has sabotagued his team from the very beginning, he has exulted in any misfortune, he has thrilled anytime the others are miserable, and he has made efforts to bring them even lower. And after all that he still wonders why they aren't winning? Seriously, you can't throw your team into such chaos and then expect for the team to do well. Maybe I am going a little far in putting all the blame on his shoulders, but he is a big part of what is wrong in Foa Foa. It looks like next week will be the merge. I wonder how Russell will handle that and what the outcome will be. I think the fact that they are at the merge means that Russell's playing style will work a little better, because now he is playing for his own skin and not having to worry about bringing his team along.

I agree, someone had to be sent and eating real food helps your strength. What I find ironic is that Monica complained that Laura was sent but then she takes Shambo aside and thanks Shambo for not sending her. Who else woud Sham send but one of the girls? And she definately is not sending herself after the last time.

I think at the next counsel one of those girls is going. What I think could throw a wrench in the works is Russell, as he has created an alliance with Laura. I am looking forward to see how Russell deals with the new group.

I couldn't watch this week because the site kept saying "Cannot view outside the viewing area" or something like that :( I didn't even read the above posts because I didn't want to spoil it just in case they fix it next week. I'll check next Thursday to see if they fix it. I hope they do.

I couldn't watch this week because the site kept saying "Cannot view outside the viewing area" or something like that :( I didn't even read the above posts because I didn't want to spoil it just in case they fix it next week. I'll check next Thursday to see if they fix it. I hope they do.

I hope they fix it soon too, I am waiting to hear what you thought of it all. I have to say that I really do enjoy this thread, it makes me look forward to every Thursday so I can see what other people will think about it all afterward.

I was finally able to watch the last episode. It was not allowing me to watch it again so I tried a new thing. I watched it in a group of other viewers on line. You can comment about it (I didn't) and it had some quizzes about the show on the side. One thing I didn't like about it though was that it had an option of throwing tomatoes at the screen and darts and other things like that. I thought it was funny at first but then it got SO annoying when the other people that were watching kept doing it over and over. I figured out how to block those users and then it was better. If I have to watch it that way I will I guess. Ok, all I have to say is "Where has Nat been this whole game?" I know she's been there but she seems to me a nonfactor in the game really. Yeah, I thought Liz would go-bye to her. Sham being the leader was kind of sad to me (how they had it all planned). I had to laugh that she was the leader but Dave just changed her decision! Right-she's the leader. Oh yeah, I thought Liz did a great job in the fishing challenge. It looked like she scooped most of the puzzle pieces. Finally, yeah, Russell should not have said, "They cannot out wit me" like he did. Anyway, I look forward to the next episode.

Wow! What an episode! Very interesting to see what happened when the tribes merged. I found it interesting that they first decided to vote Laura off and then when she won immunity that they turned on Eric. I can definitely say that this is the first time Russell seems to really be seeing how running his first tribe into the ground was a bad idea. I am shocked that he showed so many people the immunity idol, and shocked that he gave it up at tribal counsel when he had a very good idea that Eric was going to be voted for. I think that was a very bad move for him. I think that his days might be numbered unless he can find a way to get immunity or can figure out a strategy to not get voted off. The old Galu group is definitely looking to get rid of Foa Foa as fast as possible. I do think though that this is the first time Galu really got a good look at what a Foa Foa blindside looks like. They really became pros at it. Next week's episode will be very interesting.

My thoughts...

I was amazed at Russell showing everyone the idol. I thought he was a smart guy but that was a strange - and obviously failed - move. I hope he's not voted out next week, I enjoy watching him play the game!

It was hilariously funny to watch the look on Erik's face as he was blindsided! Never even saw it coming. There he was, smugly talking trash on Jaison and the rest of Foa Foa then boom, voted out!

Monica and Laura both irritate me, I hope they go soon.

Logically, I know it'll probably be all the Foa Foa members picked off one by one, but I'm just not sure. That would be the typical and predictable scenario but obviously Galu turned on one of their own members, so they can do it again.

I'm kind of glad both idols are gone, now, I never really like them in play - it complicates things too much.

Edited by annamaureen

I agree about Erik, I laughed when he was voted off and never even used the idol even though he brought it with him. I did find it amusing that Shambo seemed just as blindsided as Erik, she was not expecting that at all.

I also agree about Russell, even though he is such an arrogant man I still like watching him play. I think you are right that the Foa Foa people will be voted off right away.

I agree as well about the Monica and Laura thing, it will be good when they go.

I think Eric was WAY too cocky and I'm glad he got voted off. I also agree that Russell played foolishly showing his idol. It showed that John couldn't trust Russell since he hold John that he didn't show anybody else the idol and hen Eric told him that he showed Laura. Jaison was upset that Eric was talking down to him. Maybe that was satisfying to vote him out. I think the preview showed too much Russell's risk and fear of being kicked off so I'm guessing that Russell will not be voted out next week. I agree with the possibility of Russell winning the immunity in next week's show. What about the Shambo and Laura "fight"? I know there was more to it than we saw but it just seemed like too much insecurity on Sham's part to me and some jealousy maybe.

What about the Shambo and Laura "fight"? I know there was more to it than we saw but it just seemed like too much insecurity on Sham's part to me and some jealousy maybe.

I don't know; I've been watching Survivor for a long time and it seems like the younger girls always group together and seem to think they're better than the older women. That could easily be the case here, they just might have edited some stuff out.

Wow again! I was sure that Russell was going home, but by finding that hidden immunity idol he really saved himself. I love how they did another blindside on the Galu people. I find it interesting that the hidden immunity idol is going back into the game, wow is it really throwing some loops into the game. It looks like next week will again be interesting. I find it very amusing and slightly ironic that at the beginning of the game I was really rooting against Russell, but he makes the game very interesting, and now I find myself rooting for him. Tribal counsel was quite interesting as it was very evident that the Galu people got Eric very upset with them. He is on the jury, meaning that in the future he will be helping to make some decisions, he is currently rooting against his entire past tribe. He had an expression of glee on his face when he watched them get blindsided. Interesting developments...

I agree with you Tarnished. I was against him at the beginning but found myself rooting for him tonight, playing the immunity idol and saying, "He is Out-Witting the other" players. He's really using his brain and I like that a lot. I was also wondering if he was "too cocky" at the challenge or was he more surprised and happy that he got the last hook around the third piece? Laura did great with the puzzle pieces tonight. Ok, so my question is about the girl that got voted off tonight. What is up with her hair? Is she trying to dread it out or is it just unkempt and wild out there? I really couldn't tell. I couldn't tell if she was trying to do that or if it was just all messed up.

That is a good question, I do wonder if he was really trying his hardest to get that last bag or if he sort of let other people win so he could drop the bomb on the tribe. Kelly's hair...I really don't know. It does look like she was trying to dread it, but it could just be that it got super messy. However with how the other girl's hair looks I am guessing she did it on purpose.

I found it ironic last night that Russell found the immunity idol and then said, "I found it and I am not going to show anyone." And then the first chance he has to go off alone with Shambo he shows it to her, and then he tells the rest of Foa Foa, it worked out ok for him, but he was doing it again right after saying he wouldn't.

I don't think either of us were wrong, he took a gamble, and his gamble paid off, but it just as easily could have gone very bad for him. The key to his success was that he only told Shambo and the people from Foa Foa and they kept it to themselves. If any one of them had told anyone else it all would have gone up in smoke. What really threw me at first was that during the credits I watched and noticed that Shambo voted for Russell, and I thought, "Huh, I thought she liked him." But then I got to thinking about it. As far as the other Galu people know Shambo has leanings toward the Foa Foa people but she is still voting with the Galu people. They don't really realize that they have a traitor in their midst with Shambo around and by her voting with them all she showed that she is still on their side, but she knew what was going to happen and so she was the only one among the Galu people who was not blindsided. Suddenly Shambo has become more dangerous than before.

Edited by Tarnished

I was practically dying of laughter at the look on the Galu's faces as Russell pulled out the idol! Priceless. It would be even funnier if Russell found the idol again! He could just keep finding it and finding it and never get voted out. Laura seemed so angry that Kelly was gone, with her snotty little comment about "he just stirred up hell" - exactly what Foa Foa predicted. She lost part of her posse.

at the beginning of the game I was really rooting against Russell, but he makes the game very interesting, and now I find myself rooting for him.

Same here. I thought he was kind of arrogant and obnoxious, but he's grown on me! :D