W. Cleon Skousen and Glenn Beck

ernie1241

I have been getting a lot of flack from admirers of former FBI Special Agent W. Cleon Skousen who are claiming that I probably am intellectually dishonest -- OR that I am inventing the statements which I attribute to senior FBI officials in FBI memos discussed in my Skousen report.

So, this afternoon, I revised sections of my Skousen report to include actual scanned copies of several relevant FBI memos pertaining to Skousen.

I copied the memos which:

(1) establish that Skousen was NOT considered an authority on communism while he worked at the FBI

(2) prove that Skousen was NOT "a top aide to J. Edgar Hoover" as he and his admirers claim and

(3) establish that the FBI dismissed several of Skousen's assertions which he made in his 3/71 article entitled Home Grown Subversion --- and those assertions are also made in Skousen's book, The Naked Capitalist.

You may see these scanned documents here:

ernie1241 - DOCUMENTS

OR

within the text of my Skousen report here:

ernie1241 - SKOUSEN..rev 09/18/09

This should prove, once and for all, that my critics are attempting to libel me because of their own ignorance and malice about this matter.

What does this have to do with Glenn Beck? (Sorry for making this point here Glenn) Even if I am not a fan of Glenn Beck Show and never spend the time to watch it.

Glenn Beck wrote the Introduction to the 2009 edition of Skousen's book, The 5000 Year Leap. In addition, Beck's 2003 book, The Real America, recommended Skousen's writings.

In addition, a recent Salon.com series of articles on Glenn Beck discussed his admiration for Skousen and his frequent repetition of Skousen's assertions.

More than 700 people accessed my report on Cleon Skousen (based upon his FBI personnel file) after the Salon.com article included a link to it.

So I am just trying to address the numerous critics who are accusing me of dishonesty or "cherry picking" data to "smear" Skousen.