Texting While Driving

pam

Wow, very realistic and disturbing. I'm glad texting while driving has been banned here in Utah. I stupidly tried it once, thinking "it'll just be a quick text, I know it's bad but I need to send it really quickly," and within three or four seconds of starting the text I almost went off the road. Now I won't even look at my phone while in the car.

Guest xforeverxmetalx

saw that awhile ago... but yea, definitely makes a point

personally I can send quick texts while driving, usually without looking at the keypad, being extremely careful... but otherwise I wouldn't dare trying to do anything more than that

When I was taking driver's ed when I was 15 (I'm 55, not sure they do this anymore) we had to watch extremely graphic movies of drunk driving accidents. It had an impact on me. It's not banned in my state but it is being looked at. I hope they do pass a law. I don't even like to answer my phone while driving (I don't have a handsfree, they seem a little safer).

I have to thank the Disney Channel for putting a little police officer in the back seat of my van. Even though my phone doesn't have texting capabilities, and I rarely get a call while driving, whenever the phone *does* ring, I immediately hear a little 5 year old voice piping up "Mommy, don't answer the phone! That's a safety violation!"

(for those of you familiar with Lou and Loo, you'll know what I'm talking about)

4 teens in a town near me were killed in a texting-related accident the day before their HS graduation ceremonies. It was the 35 year old man in the opposite lane who was texting. He hit them head on. HE survived, 4 of the 5 teens in the other car didn't.

It's just stupid stupid stupid.

When I was taking driver's ed when I was 15 (I'm 55, not sure they do this anymore) we had to watch extremely graphic movies of drunk driving accidents. It had an impact on me. It's not banned in my state but it is being looked at. I hope they do pass a law. I don't even like to answer my phone while driving (I don't have a handsfree, they seem a little safer).

What, you saw Red Asphalt too?

Unfortunately the story hits home to me. My daughter was involved in an accident over a year ago due to texting. She rear ended someone while looking at a text message. Luckily no one was hurt...but unfortunately she hasn't learned a lesson either. She still does it.