do I HAVE to have the missionary discussions?

I have posted once before about joining the church. I am really starting to feel the Spirit guide me to being baptised. My husband is LDS...active, holds the Priesthood...so...do I have to have the missionaries come over and have the discussions to be baptised? I could probably ask DH-but I still feel silly asking him some things...and sometimes he doesn't really know anyways!

I'm pretty sure you still have to have them, but if you're familiar with the doctrines (and in many cases, the practices) already, then the missionaries could probably teach you an abbreviated version. The message is easily adaptable to individual circumstances.

You do have to have them. As Wingnut has said they are very different in the manner they are taught now than they were 35 years ago when I was a missionary. Missionaries are allowed to go by the spirit much more today. I would suggest that you and your husband set up an appointment with the Ward Mission Leader and with his and the Bishop's direction it should be a fairly simple process.

Ben Raines

I think if you were an active non-member in your ward, you could do a baptismal interview with the Bishop and have it handled within the ward. It really depends on how active you are in your ward as to whether you need missionaries or whether the Bishop can conduct the interview. Talk to the bishop.

It's not necessarily about the interview. It's making sure that you have a solid understanding of gospel principles. It's the missionaries job to teach.

Do you feel that you already have an understanding of the gospel basics and a testimony? Do you feel that going thru the lessons would be redundant?

I would think even if you were active in the ward your husband is assigned to that taking the lessons would be necessary to prepare for the interview. They would do it even if it felt like a formality.