Elizabeth Smart

candyprpl

On Oct. 1, Elizabeth Smart testified against her accused kidnapper, Brian David Mitchell, during a competency hearing, providing several details about her nine months in captivity.

Remaining calm and composed throughout her entire testimony, Smart described Mitchell as "smart," "evil," "manipulative," and "not close to God." Mitchell was not in the courtroom while she testified but watched the proceedings via audio/video feed.

Smart's testimony is critical to the federal case against Mitchell because he has twice been found incompetent for trial in Utah state court. Her testimony will be used during Mitchell's federal competency hearing on Nov. 30. Smart will not be present for that hearing because she will be entering the Missionary Training Center in mid-November to prepare for a mission in Paris, France. (article in LDSLiving).

Just thought I would share this article -- when I read it last night all I could say was, 'WOW, you go girl!':D

On Oct. 1, Elizabeth Smart testified against her accused kidnapper, Brian David Mitchell, during a competency hearing, providing several details about her nine months in captivity.

Remaining calm and composed throughout her entire testimony, Smart described Mitchell as "smart," "evil," "manipulative," and "not close to God." Mitchell was not in the courtroom while she testified but watched the proceedings via audio/video feed.

Smart's testimony is critical to the federal case against Mitchell because he has twice been found incompetent for trial in Utah state court. Her testimony will be used during Mitchell's federal competency hearing on Nov. 30. Smart will not be present for that hearing because she will be entering the Missionary Training Center in mid-November to prepare for a mission in Paris, France. (article in LDSLiving).

Just thought I would share this article -- when I read it last night all I could say was, 'WOW, you go girl!':D

Where's the link?

I agree Elizabeth is an amazing young woman. I also think she has an amazing family who did everything right once she was found. I think they created a nest of safety for her that was filled with love, which was the perfect environment for healing.

I also think the community's obvious support for her played a part. I don't think many missing children who are later found get that. But Elizabeth did, and I think that had to be very healing as well.

Every child should be so loved.

Elphaba

Guest mormonmusic

She's been exemplary in the way she's handled this. The way they kept it out of the press about the abuse she suffered until she had to testify about it. The way she's decided to move on and serve a mission. The way she appears not to have dwelt on it to the point that it's hurt her emotionally (although I'm sure she has inner struggles nonetheless). It sounded like her parents didn't even know the full, gory details until they heard her testimony.

Let there be many blessings given to Elizabeth Smart for the strength of character she's showing!!!