New Lutheran Church in USA

Maya

My heart aches for faithful Lutherans who now don't know what to do because the authority they looked to failed them.

I'm glad that another Lutheran church is forming that affirms traditional marriage. I skimmed through the ELCA's statement about human sexuality, and the ambiguity and wishy-washyness made me sick. It's clear that the direction the ELCA is heading is to fully accept homosexuality as normal and godly.

I agree about the wishy washines...of the stance on homesexuality from the ELCA...I am an ELCA Lutheran....but am investigating the LDS Church. I really want direction and guidence from my church. However, if you look at any stance on any issue from the ELCA they are all as amibiguous as the their take on gay marriage...sigh....(feeling very lost)....

These divisions and "strange" doctrinal interpretations were a stumbling block for me for eight years while I searched for a church. And we will see more of the same as philosophical reinterpretations of the scriptures supplants biblical truth. I hope the faithful in these congregations will find the strength to hold on to the Savior as they struggle to hold fast to the word of God and truth.

Guest mormonmusic

My whole family attended a mainstream Church while I was growing up, and left that church over the ordination of gays to the ministry. They took a hit to their membership over it. From what I've read, gay citizens represent a very small portion of the population, but they seem to have a huge voice. I don't understand how they do it....I too am glad that there is a reaction to this in other Churches, with a firm position taken on the issue.