Of Psychology And Polygamy.

Fiannan

Originally posted by Ray+Nov 3 2005, 02:17 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Strawberry Fields@Nov 3 2005, 07:47 AM

It's almost as though I can hear Ray and Flannan "licking their lips" as they consider having more then one wife. Would it be immoral if I were to do the same at the thought of having more then one husband?  :wub:

Instead of assuming that you truly understand me, it would probably be better for you to ask me what I think or how I feel so you be more sure about how I feel or what I think. And I say this because your perception of me hasn't been very good so far.

Or in other words, I am not "licking my lips", nor am I particularly looking forward to having more than one wife, because if you are an example of a wonderful woman, I would have my hands full with just one, just as I already have my hands full with the wonderful woman I already have.

And btw, if you take that as an insult, again, then you will probably believe I am insulting my wife, and I have absolutely no reason to do that.

Ray, that is just about the kindest thing you have ever said to me....I don't know what to say. :ahhh:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive asked the question too SF and both guys have yet to anwser but they sure want another wife eh? And the reason youd be ok with yiour wife cheating on you with a woman is becasue you would like a two some , sad but if she were with a man then youd be jealous?? If she did cheat on you with a woman she would be breaking two commandments. nOw anwser the question,. woul dyou allow YOUR Wife to marry another man to bare his child?

And again I will answer, if I were sterile I would not only be open to the idea of my wife getting sperm donation, I would encourage it. That being said, I will repeat that the idea of a woman married to multiple men makes no sence biologically nor is there any precident in Chritian, Jewish or Islamic scripture. So it would not even be an issue. If, on the other hand, God commanded it then I guess that would change things, but I would not suspect God would do such a departure from the norm.

Originally posted by Fiannan@Nov 4 2005, 01:06 AM

And again I will answer, if I were sterile I would not only be open to the idea of my wife getting sperm donation, I would encourage it.

Yes but, how would you agree for your wife to receive this sperm donation. Would you only allow for artificial insemination or would you allow for them to have sex with each other?

That being said, I will repeat that the idea of a woman married to multiple men makes no sence biologically nor is there any precident in Chritian, Jewish or Islamic scripture.  So it would not even be an issue.

So Fiannan, I'm curious - why is it important for you to follow something that is set up by an existing precedent? If people didn't try new things for the first time, where would all the inventors be?

If, on the other hand, God commanded it then I guess that would change things, but I would not suspect God would do such a departure from the norm.

So you think that because some men in the 16th century decided that they see certain things as rules it should follow today that those rules still exist. But you have doubts that what you believe God commanded to happen in the 19th century would not happen again, because it's not the norm. News flash, culture in the 16th century is not the norm for the 21st century.

M.

Originally posted by Maureen+Nov 4 2005, 11:04 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Fiannan@Nov 4 2005, 01:06 AM

And again I will answer, if I were sterile I would not only be open to the idea of my wife getting sperm donation, I would encourage it.

Yes but, how would you agree for your wife to receive this sperm donation. Would you only allow for artificial insemination or would you allow for them to have sex with each other?

That being said, I will repeat that the idea of a woman married to multiple men makes no sence biologically nor is there any precident in Chritian, Jewish or Islamic scripture.  So it would not even be an issue.

So Fiannan, I'm curious - why is it important for you to follow something that is set up by an existing precedent? If people didn't try new things for the first time, where would all the inventors be?

If, on the other hand, God commanded it then I guess that would change things, but I would not suspect God would do such a departure from the norm.

So you think that because some men in the 16th century decided that they see certain things as rules it should follow today that those rules still exist. But you have doubts that what you believe God commanded to happen in the 19th century would not happen again, because it's not the norm. News flash, culture in the 16th century is not the norm for the 21st century.

M.

Good points Maureen! Also if he would look at bizabra's post ... polyandry is very common in Tibet and the article tells of their reason for it.

For me personally, one loving husband and one loving wife and their offspring are the only way for me.

Im not just talking about being pregnant!! why is it so hard for men to anwser my dumb question? I could care less if a woman had a sperm donation it happens alot. Im saying to be MARRIED to another MALE and doing things that married people do, not only to have children but intimate in all ways, not just sex. so?

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Fiannan@Nov 4 2005, 01:53 PM

I answered that, I would not want a multiple male situation.  But if you wanted it, go right ahead.

If she can do the impossible and find two or more males who will go along with it... LOL

Does anyone remember PAINT YOUR WAGON???? LOL

so my point is you men want women to take on the challenge of polygamy if it were to ever come again, but if it were to come in reversed where the woman was to take on more husbands, it would never happen becasue men would say no? does that just show us women have more tolerance for things? lol jk. Also its ok for a man to sleep with more than one woman but if a woman sleeps with another man OH dear? Id stick to the one man and one woman thing.

OK lets reverse roles here for a minute. Not sure the purpose it would serve but lets try.

Woman is now the main income source. She can provide for 5 husbands. They can all stay home and cook, clean, care for and educate the children and on a rotating basis go on hunting and fishing trips. Only problem is we haven't found a way for the men to give birth. Oh heck for the sake of argument lets have this family adopt all the unwanted births or abused children of drug parents. Then this type of polygamy would work.

Hey I will volunteer first to be the fishing and hunting husband. The rest of you can change the dirty diapers. :)

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by BenRaines@Nov 4 2005, 05:00 PM

OK lets reverse roles here for a minute.  Not sure the purpose it would serve but lets try.

Woman is now the main income source.  She can provide for 5 husbands.  They can all stay home and cook, clean, care for and educate the children and on a rotating basis go on hunting and fishing trips.  Only problem is we haven't found a way for the men to give birth.  Oh heck for the sake of argument lets have this family adopt all the unwanted births or abused children of drug parents.  Then this type of polygamy would work.

Hey I will volunteer first to be the fishing and hunting husband.  The rest of you can change the dirty diapers. :)

Well as long as there is one to pick up my dirty socks and clean out the beard hairs out of the sink... and one to rub my back for at least an hour every evening after I come home from work... and someone who will put up with my smelly feet... and unclipped nose hairs.... and and..where the heck did you get the idea the guys would get to go on anything recreational... like hunting.... that isn't the way it worked with the women..... :huh::mellow::o:wacko:

does that just show us women have more tolerance for things? lol jk. Also its ok for a man to sleep with more than one woman but if a woman sleeps with another man OH dear? Id stick to the one man and one woman thing.

I guess the Kennedy women have shown that women often tolerate their husbands having more sexual partners. That was what it was like in Roman society -- you marry one wife but have access to slave girls/boys and other avenues for affairs. When Christianity was formed three and a half centuries after Christ's ministry the assumptions of Roman "monogamy" just got built in.

Again, if you have an argument against the "fairness" of polygamy then I suppose you will have to take that up with God (if you believe in the god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob). If you have a problem with polygamy and you are Darwinistic then I don't know who you would take that up with as just about every primate species as well as the large herbevoirs like deer, moose, etc. and cat species practice polygamy in nature.

like i said earlier i dont have a problem with it in the afterlife if my hsband had another person to share his life with when im gone. as long as i liked her and she was my maid servant . jk.. Ben i never thought staying home with my kids satan would tempt me to work, becasue society says being a stay at home mom is dumb, and let me tell ya its hard but i know its worth it, i wish we had vacations like hunting and fishing lol. so sometimes working is a temptation.. werid how satan works eh?

Originally posted by Please+Nov 4 2005, 04:42 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-BenRaines@Nov 4 2005, 05:00 PM

OK lets reverse roles here for a minute.  Not sure the purpose it would serve but lets try. 

Woman is now the main income source.  She can provide for 5 husbands.  They can all stay home and cook, clean, care for and educate the children and on a rotating basis go on hunting and fishing trips.  Only problem is we haven't found a way for the men to give birth.  Oh heck for the sake of argument lets have this family adopt all the unwanted births or abused children of drug parents.  Then this type of polygamy would work.

Hey I will volunteer first to be the fishing and hunting husband.  The rest of you can change the dirty diapers. :)

Well as long as there is one to pick up my dirty socks and clean out the beard hairs out of the sink... and one to rub my back for at least an hour every evening after I come home from work... and someone who will put up with my smelly feet... and unclipped nose hairs.... and and..where the heck did you get the idea the guys would get to go on anything recreational... like hunting.... that isn't the way it worked with the women..... :huh::mellow::o:wacko:

ROFL....THAT was great Peace!

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Lindy+Nov 6 2005, 12:56 AM-->

Originally posted by Please@Nov 4 2005, 04:42 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-BenRaines@Nov 4 2005, 05:00 PM

ROFL....THAT was great Peace!

:D:D thank you!

While the practise of poligomy is not something I would desire, for me or my spouse it is something that was brought back for a reason. I suspect part of the reason was to demonstrate that what is sealed in Heaven is sealed on earth and what is sealed on earth is in Heaven. So if we are sealed to someone and lets say they pass away and the remaining spouse remarry's. What then is the result in Heaven when they all meet? :dontknow:

If Heavenly Father directs me to have more than one wife it would be very hard to comply but eventually I would. Would you?

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by delbarnum@Nov 6 2005, 02:38 PM

While the practise of poligomy is not something I would desire, for me or my spouse it is something that was brought back for a reason.  I suspect part of the reason was to demonstrate that what is sealed in Heaven is sealed on earth and what is sealed on earth is in Heaven.  So if we are sealed to someone and lets say they pass away and the remaining spouse remarry's.  What then is the result in Heaven when they all meet? :dontknow:

If Heavenly Father directs me to have more than one wife it would be very hard to comply but eventually I would.  Would you?

Yes, I would ... have more than one wife... don't know that my husband would like me having another wife...but willing I would be... :D;)

Originally posted by Please+Nov 6 2005, 04:35 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-delbarnum@Nov 6 2005, 02:38 PM

While the practise of poligomy is not something I would desire, for me or my spouse it is something that was brought back for a reason.  I suspect part of the reason was to demonstrate that what is sealed in Heaven is sealed on earth and what is sealed on earth is in Heaven.  So if we are sealed to someone and lets say they pass away and the remaining spouse remarry's.  What then is the result in Heaven when they all meet? :dontknow:

If Heavenly Father directs me to have more than one wife it would be very hard to comply but eventually I would.  Would you?

Yes, I would ... have more than one wife... don't know that my husband would like me having another wife...but willing I would be... :D;)

Am I reading some closeted tendency here, Please? :lol:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by shanstress70+Nov 7 2005, 12:18 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Nov 6 2005, 04:35 PM

Not like that... LOL... I was thinking about having a 'wife' you know someone who took care of me... and all of my household needs... shopping, kids, laundry...etc... wasn't thinking about how it sounded... LOL ;)

Originally posted by Please+Nov 8 2005, 01:11 AM-->

Originally posted by shanstress70@Nov 7 2005, 12:18 PM

Not like that... LOL... I was thinking about having a 'wife' you know someone who took care of me... and all of my household needs... shopping, kids, laundry...etc... wasn't thinking about how it sounded... LOL ;)

OK... it was hard to tell with all the winking and smiling! If you say so...

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by shanstress70+Nov 8 2005, 06:14 AM-->

Originally posted by Please@Nov 8 2005, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by shanstress70@Nov 7 2005, 12:18 PM

OK... it was hard to tell with all the winking and smiling! If you say so...

ROFL... I will quit winking and smiling... if that is the message they are sending... LOL :(:blush: