Guided by the Holy Ghost

candyprpl

"What can you do to enhance your capacity to be led to correct decisions in your life? What are the principles upon which spiritual communication depends? What are the potential barriers to such communication that you need to avoid? President John Taylor wrote: 'Joseph Smith, upwards of forty years ago, said to me: "Brother Taylor, you have received the Holy Ghost now follow the influence of that Spirit, and it will lead you into all truth, until by and by, it will become in you a principle of revelation." Then he told me never to arise in the morning without bowing before the Lord, and dedicating myself to him during that day.' (The Gospel Kingdom, ed. G. Homer Durham[1943], 43-44)."

Richard G. Scott, "To Acquire Spritual Guidance," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 6 Topics: Holy Ghost.

I thought the first three questions were questions that need answers. I've thought about my answers.

I'm interested in how anyone who reads this post would answer those questions.:)

Guest mormonmusic

"What can you do to enhance your capacity to be led to correct decisions in your life? What are the principles upon which spiritual communication depends? I'm interested in how anyone who reads this post would answer those questions.:)

Mosiah 11:23,24: You have to be repenting and trying to improve yourself, otherwise, He takes his time answering your prayers.

If you want fast answers to prayer, you have to act on promptings you DO receive quickly.

You have to be willing to do what he says, before you pray to him. God only speaks to people who are humble and willing to do what He asks. Moroni 3;5 -- you have to ask with "real intent' -- intent to act.

You have to curb any impatient or angry feelings about NOT getting an answer fast. You have to be willing to let Him deliver his answers at his own speed.

Here's a big one -- you have to be willing to act on inspiration and CONTINUE BELIEVING IN IT, even when you act on inspiration and you get hurt!!!! I was led to adopt a child spiritually -- it was unmistakeable that it was the Holy Ghost. When I initiated the process, it blew up in the most cruel and heartless manner, nearly shattering my testimony in the Holy Ghost as a source of truth. I felt betrayed by God into circumstances where He could hurt me. Fifteen years later, I now see why it had to happen, and it was for the better in the long run. But for a few years afterwards, I was so confused, I didn't rely on inspiration for anything. I wonder how my life would be now if I had've been more willing to trust the Lord in spite of what happened to me....

You have to do your homework -- study it out in your mind, and put in the necessary effort to getting the necessary facts to make a tentative decision you bring to God.

You have to be humble -- God won't get behind the wheel if you won't let him steer.

Edited by mormonmusic

"What can you do to enhance your capacity to be led to correct decisions in your life? What are the principles upon which spiritual communication depends? What are the potential barriers to such communication that you need to avoid?

I thought the first three questions were questions that need answers. I've thought about my answers.

I'm interested in how anyone who reads this post would answer those questions.:)

I believe that answer to all 3 is to become a saint of G-d by covenant (baptism) then recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost by covenant. This is according to the commandment of G-d. Then as one is loyal and chooses to honor and keep all commandments (which includes not teaching that the commandments are not nessary in order to obey and become one with G-d) they will recieve the strength and power of G-d unto salvation as a free gift.

The Traveler

"What can you do to enhance your capacity to be led to correct decisions in your life? What are the principles upon which spiritual communication depends? What are the potential barriers to such communication that you need to avoid? President John Taylor wrote: 'Joseph Smith, upwards of forty years ago, said to me: "Brother Taylor, you have received the Holy Ghost now follow the influence of that Spirit, and it will lead you into all truth, until by and by, it will become in you a principle of revelation." Then he told me never to arise in the morning without bowing before the Lord, and dedicating myself to him during that day.' (The Gospel Kingdom, ed. G. Homer Durham[1943], 43-44)."

Richard G. Scott, "To Acquire Spritual Guidance," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 6 Topics: Holy Ghost.

I believe you will over time consider the Holy Ghost as your close friend. When He does make it presence known, it is deep gratitude when it does occur.