I just really wanted to share this with you guys.

melissa23

I know I haven't really posted here much lately I've just gotten really busy with school and stuff.

Well I know I've mentioned that I was a big David Archuleta fan.. well I ended up meeting him and gave him a letter about how he's helped me with believing and God and such.. and how I'm interested in the church..

well he wrote me back and I'm just totally overwhelmed by his response lol.

i know its really dark so if you cant make out what he wrote it well here's it typed up..

and I checked out that verse and it was..

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for i the lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even jesus christ, that i am the son of the living god, that i was, that i am, and that i am to come.

what he said just really got me haha. cause i mentioned how im scared to tell my family as well. and the advice he told me is so true. I just can't share this with a lot of people. So I thought I'd share it with you guys. (:

Edited by melissa23

Melissa,

How is it going with your family? Have you tried mentioning it to them? Or even just show them David's letter? I mean, in a "I got a letter from a celebrity!" type of thing and not something to do with "I got a letter from a Mormon!" thing...

Regards,

Anatess

Thankyou everyone (:

And yeah he is such a great guy, I'm amazed at how you can tell he actually read my letter and responded to it.

Melissa,

How is it going with your family? Have you tried mentioning it to them? Or even just show them David's letter? I mean, in a "I got a letter from a celebrity!" type of thing and not something to do with "I got a letter from a Mormon!" thing...

Regards,

Anatess

I haven't told them yet. Me and my mom have sort of talked about it, so she's the only one who has an idea. They know about the letter but I told them I didn't want to share it with anyone I just wanted it to be something special for myself. My parents did not bug about it after.. it's just that if they read it they'd most likely ask what he's talking about when he says "Never be afraid to stand up for what you believe in, + God will be there to give you strength." I'm pretty sure that would get them to ask questions.. although my sister was really curious and wondering why I didn't share it.

I'm just not ready yet to tell them. I know its probably never going to feel like the right time. But I feel like I still need to learn some more and pray some more before I do it. But thankyou so much for asking.

Edited by melissa23