Encouragement

Maya

My son is now on his LAST half a year of seminary. Getting up in the morning at 6.15 is not that easy for him and the fall was a pain. Is there any sweet LDS girls... did I say that... I mean friends, here that could give him a few good reasons to get up and go to seminary Ma,Tu,We, Fr mornings, anythign that could make him feel better of it... oh yes and also going to the Church at 11.30 on Sundays.

He is really a very nice guy just at the moment he could use a nice kick on his better part. :D

So come on let him hear from you! Then I will show him the thread tomorrow or day after.

I am really too old for having such a young chi... man in my house... :(

He does want to go on mision... he wishes for Japan.

Actually today he has been really nice. :)

Bye .. he will defenately kill me now... :P

Okay okay, so I'm not a girl, and I seriously doubt that I am sweet, but I am LDS.

I was thinking about it and ya know, a cold bucket of ice water is a wonderful morning motivator.

In fact, the mere consideration of a cold bucket of ice water is a wonderful morning motivator. :D

Okay okay, so I'm not a girl, and I seriously doubt that I am sweet, but I am LDS.

I was thinking about it and ya know, a cold bucket of ice water is a wonderful morning motivator.

In fact, the mere consideration of a cold bucket of ice water is a wonderful morning motivator. :D

Where should I set the bucket? is bathroom or kitchen ok? :P

My Dh did once use a few drops cold water... the effect was not positive. :(

We bought him a daylight lamp with alarm... nice to wake up with birtsong!:) Thanks for thinking about him... I think it is helping, he has been really a nice guy now for 2 days in row!:o He has gone to bed at 6-7pm and up in time by himself :eek:

I wish my mother had forced me to go to seminary! The extra spiritual boost probably would've prevented me from making some mistakes.

I wish people who think that can tell it more often as there is so MUCH talk about LDS forcing their children here and there.... :huh:

It kind of proves that some people do need and extra push to do what he or she really wants.:)

I actually fed my child breakfast in bed to get him up in the morning early for school. Can't sleep with pancake and syrup on your chest. Crazy, but it worked.

I cant wait til I dont need to get up early in the morning any more. It is 7.30am now here and I been up over an hour.... He loves it when I come with breakfast to him in the morning... just bread though (majones and ham) or oatmeals. :D

Yeah getting up for seminary is pretty hard. Is he planning on going to byu at all? He'll defiantly need to graduate from seminary if so. Also learning stuff in seminary will help him on his mission. Seminary is for his own good. If he can't give at least and hour to the Lord, how does he expect to give two whole years? Plus, girls love spiritual guys. He will be blessed for giving up his sleep to learning about the gospel.

Well I doubt him going to BYU.. it is a bit far away... we are from Scandinavia. But you never know about him... he is a smat guy, if he WANTS he will be what ever he wants. Right now he is in to special forces/ Police. :eek:

• 1 month later...

If he's wanting to go on a mission...seminary will help a lot. As a missionary he's going to have to memorize scriptures and know how to teach certain stories from the scriptures. Seminary is an hour that will give him a heads up and a boost of knowledge before he hits the MTC.

I had to drive a half hour, one way, to get to seminary every morning. That meant waking up at 5:00 am so that I could be there on time. It was a real help to me in high school, getting me ready for the day and I stayed more focused in school because of it. Even though I was dead tired every morning, school went much more smoothly. I would push for him to go as much as he can. He will not only be blessed now, but in the future. Another way for him to think of it is, is he going to want his high schoolers going to seminary every morning? What is he going to tell them when they don't want to go? That he didn't go? Is that a good example? It is a hard thing to do every morning, I will admit, but in the long run, I am soooo greatful I got up and went.

I actually have a different experience of the seminary, as I am in Portugal and I was the only person from my branch atending to the classes...and my mother was the teacher...or my sister (while she was here until she went on her mission).

I can still remember the seminary activities we had, they were kinda different from what I heard of USA, that motivated me a lot.

I can assure you that the scripture mastery was way important for me in school, as I was the only member there, everytime the subject hitted "religion" I had to be the "religious guy", and every question they made was easily answered by the scripture mastery's scriptures...

As my mother was my teacher she would usually say: you have two choices: or you come here and sit with me and have the class, or you don't...I will be blessed for preparing this lesson, I will learn with it, I will have more knowledge...I'm not giving you this lesson tomorrow, this is for your salvation and I will not force you to come, but remember that you will not be saved if I do the things and you don't. May God bless you and help you choosing, do as Moroni told you to, pray and ask if it is good to come to seminary...and then read joshua 1:9.

As a seminary teacher, and as a future missionary (actually not that future, I hope my calling comes in 2 weeks lol), I do know that seminary is important, and it is a guide through young age...

ps. not a sweet lds girl for sure, but i know some lol