Desire to take out my endowment

AmyKate88

I haven’t seen anything written that states single sister MUST wait till age 25 UNLESS they are . . .

Perhaps your bishop feels since you’re a recent convert, (and I know 2 years is not brand spanking new but still fresh), and he feels a little more time and experience would be beneficial before you receive the blessings and make the covenants in the temple.

Keep in mind that the work you do now in the temple is more than fantastic. If you’re going to the temple once a week you are doing more than many who have received their endowments and you are showing a real commitment to serving others.

Perhaps once you receive your patriarchal blessing and give it another 6 to 8 months you can go back and share your heart with the Bishop.

I haven’t found anything in the books requiring single sisters to be 25! Trust your Bishop, be patient!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi AmyKate, good to meet ya :) ...

The temple is such a miracle to us all- I am so thankful for the faith and sacrifice of our early pioneers, and of the saints today, in building the houses of the Lord, so that we can receive some of the greatest blessings that the Lord has for us.

I was grateful to read of your experience you had while doing baptims - I feel the truth of what she said to you. I have always felt that there is much to be learned in doing the very basic simple commandments of the gospel, and we need not feel like we're missing out on something, if we are instructed to wait on certain blessings.

You do sound like a mature and spiritually prepared young woman, but be patient and humble, and keep learning. There is a time and place for everything. You are still young in the gospel, although you have definitely made great strides in a short time. The Lord is mindful of you and every one of us, and the times and places for our blessings. Try not to compare your personal times and places of your blessings to those of others; and try not to compare your spiritual preparedness to that of others. I feel it's not what the Lord would have us do.

Bless you for your faithfulness. Hope to hear more from ya!