Anti-ACORN Filmmaker arrested

Just_A_Guy

James O'Keefe, one of the two people behind the videos that brought down ACORN, has been arrested for his alleged involvement in an attempt to somehow infiltrate the phone system of Senator Mary Landrieu's New Orleans office.

It's front-page news on the MSNBC and FoxNews websites. The New York Times and CNN don't appear to have picked up the story yet.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

The world deserved to know what was going on in those ACORN offices - the government-funded advice on how to keep slaves, and how to keep them stupid so they don't rebel. That's evil.

I'm all for dragging political shennanigans and naughty people into the open where everyone can see them for what they are. I'm not for breaking laws to do it. If dood is guilty of breaking laws, he ought to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

LM

Jadams' charge of "complete idiocy" is based on her ignorance of what the word actually means.

"Patriot" is one of the most misunderstood words in the English language (especially by liberals like Jadams). It doesn't mean 'good guy', it means 'a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country with devotion'. You can be a patriot and do good things or evil things.

SS doctors in WWII who tortured Jews to find cures for frostbite were patriotic. Americans who believed in manifest destiny were very patriotic as they marched so many Native Americans off to their deaths on the Trail of Tears. Cambodia's Khmer Rouge were patriotic as they carried out genocide.

I don't know if this OKeefe guy was patriotic or not. But it's a possibility.

LM

Jadams' charge of "complete idiocy" is based on her ignorance of what the word actually means.

"Patriot" is one of the most misunderstood words in the English language (especially by liberals like Jadams). It doesn't mean 'good guy', it means 'a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country with devotion'. You can be a patriot and do good things or evil things.

SS doctors in WWII who tortured Jews to find cures for frostbite were patriotic. Americans who believed in manifest destiny were very patriotic as they marched so many Native Americans off to their deaths on the Trail of Tears. Cambodia's Khmer Rouge were patriotic as they carried out genocide.

LM

jadams is not a "her". And according to what you just defined as "patriot" i can only say you have defined my comment appropriately as it was intended.:)

In investigating this matter, we decided to visit Senator Landrieu’s district office – the people’s office – to ask the staff if their phones were working.

because you can't just go up to the office and ask why they won't answer the phones, you have to dress up as a telephone repair man. I stand by my first statement, he's an arrogant boy.

In Monday's incident, authorities said O'Keefe used his cell phone to try to capture video of Flanagan and Basel, who posed as telephone repairmen — wearing fluorescent vests, tool belts and hard hats, one equipped with a hidden camera — and asked to see the phones at Landrieu's office.

ACORN foe: Phone plot to embarrass senator - Politics- msnbc.com

jadams is not a "her".

Sorry about that - taking clues from avatars isn't always fruitful, I should know that by now.

And according to what you just defined as "patriot" i can only say you have defined my comment appropriately as it was intended.:)

Well again, it's not my definition, it's the dictionary's definition. If you don't believe me, you can look it up yourself. And no, I haven't heard this definition bandied about by AM talk radio personalities, and no, I don't believe it's 'complete idiocy' to look up what words mean in the dictionary.

LM

LM

Assuming that O'Keefe is an American Patriot, I assume that means he believes in America. Therefore his accused actions would be violating both the letter of the law and spirit of the law that America believes it. This is a contradictory stance.

It is like saying that he was a patriot, but willing to sacrifice what he believes in because he believes in it so much? This does not make sense.

Like someone who respects life so much that they kill someone.

• 3 months later...