Any proof?

markwinfield1

I don't represent.Any Faith.I'm a Open-Minded Realist.

If Jesus was the Son Of God.Why did he have to prey?

Mark, we can spend forever with these questions. Really. FOREVER.

If Jesus was the Son of God, why didn't he just wipe out all the soldiers trying to kill him... if God is all-powerful, why did he allow the twin towers to fall to the ground...

If everybody dies anyway, why do we have to stop smoking...

on and on and on.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don"t have a answer.Why keep responding?

I have lots of answers. Some I already gave. I just don't know what the question truly is. Maybe if you phrase your question better so that it is more than just one single instance - and more towards, say a doctrine. Or we can do the one question at a time thing too if you like.

Just some "signs" that he was there!

The Book of Mormon relates the events of his being in America.

So, the next question would be (I'm just anticipating it)... but the Book of Mormon is written by Joseph Smith who does not have any proof?

And the answer is - yes, it is written by Joseph Smith who claims he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ and was led to a set of golden plates that contained the historical writings of the people who saw Jesus in the Americas. It is witnessed by several people - 3 people who saw the plates with their own eyes and affixed their names as witnesses on that book.

So, you would then ask, where are the gold plates now? And I would answer - it was removed from the earth.

Then you would ask - where's the proof of that?

And I'm going to say, none. Absolutely nada except for the fact that nobody can produce it now.

So, you would say, how can I know then that Mormonism is true, and not Islam? And I'm going to answer - ask God about it sincerely. If He tells you Islam is where you can find truth, then that's where you should go. Truly.

Evidence...Wouldn't exactly make something true.Would it?

What truth is there to know that is not supported by evidence?

When Joseph Smith provided scripture that indicated that the Messiah of all mankind had visited the Americas following his resurrection in Judea there was little evidence that such a thing had actually taken place. But since Joseph we have found Hebrew scripture in what we call the Dead Sea Scrolls that speak specifically to the Messiah of Israel appearing to peoples on the “aisles of the sea”; meaning places that cannot be reached by land. Also there has been a vast array of evidence that indicates a very common belief among indigenous peoples of many different cultures in America that a benevolent G-d that is worshiped once appeared to the peoples, performed many miracles and promised to one day return.

Your reluctance to embrace evidence would indicate not that evidence has no relationship to truth but that you cannot or will not accept the evidence as having proper interpretation or possible connection to Christ.

Do you believe that the Messiah is come only to the Jews or do you believe the Messiah comes to all mankind?

The Traveler

What truth is there to know that is not supported by evidence?

When Joseph Smith provided scripture that indicated that the Messiah of all mankind had visited the Americas following his resurrection in Judea there was little evidence that such a thing had actually taken place. But since Joseph we have found Hebrew scripture in what we call the Dead Sea Scrolls that speak specifically to the Messiah of Israel appearing to peoples on the “aisles of the sea”; meaning places that cannot be reached by land. Also there has been a vast array of evidence that indicates a very common belief among indigenous peoples of many different cultures in America that a benevolent G-d that is worshiped once appeared to the peoples, performed many miracles and promised to one day return.

Your reluctance to embrace evidence would indicate not that evidence has no relationship to truth but that you cannot or will not accept the evidence as having proper interpretation or possible connection to Christ.

Do you believe that the Messiah is come only to the Jews or do you believe the Messiah comes to all mankind?

The Traveler

Stuff like this.Is what i'm looking for!

In the new KJV Study Bible.There is proof of Jesus existence.

Also,Mohhammad i believe.Might have not.Ever existed.

Evidence or proof - and an engineer and scientist I am very interested in a proof. And is the proof that there was a Jewish Rabii named "Jesus" or is there proof that Jesus was the Messiah?

The Traveler

And Jesus answered and said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he said, “Rabbi, what is it?” (Luke 7:40)

A lawyer asked him a question to test him: “Rabbi, what is the greatest commandment in the Torah?” (Matthew 22:35-36)

And behold, a [rich] man came up to him and said, “Rabbi, what good thing must I do to have eternal life?” (Matthew 19:16)

And someone in the crowd said to him, “Rabbi, order my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” (Luke 12:13)

And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Rabbi, rebuke your disciples.” (Luke 19:39)

Some of the Sadducees came up to him…and they asked him, saying, “Rabbi….” (Luke 20:27-28)

SO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

Jesus was not an official Rabbi holding an office. The religious leadership was at war with Him. He was called Rabbi because people saw Him as a teacher, not because the Temple priests conveyed that office upon Him. If He were a Rabbi, He would have been disciplined for claiming to be God. The Chief priest could not do that because he did not have direct jusdiction over Jesus as he would have if Jesus had been a Rabbi.

I borrowed this...

There are Millions of Christians&Muslims.Some Muslims a Muslims.Would die.For their cause.Should i believe them?

Just wondering, but do you have a period fetish? Because it's dang annoying to read partial sentences that, taken individually make no sense at all, and when strung together make very little sense.