Is it ok to write your prayer?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a great idea to write down your prayers i do it myself and i find i get more out of them when i read the scriptures i keep a pen and paper handy and i begin with a prayer sometimes i write it donw including the things i am struggling with and pray for guidance i then will sit and listen to my thoughts. I write down impressions I get, and I put a squiggly line by it so I know it is an impression. When I am done, I will review them and listen to my feelings to determine whether they are something I should act on or just something my mind spitted out. I find that a lot of times, they are real answers to my problems.

So, yeah, it is great to write down your prayers. You can then listen for answers and write them down too. It is a great way to focus the mind and then you have a record of your spiritual journey.

I go back to my journals and will get reinspired from time to time when I am feeling down. Really good stuff!

Is it really necessary to open another chapter of the Dominic ego-fest?

I sense great love coming from you MarginOfError.

Jehova is not a name of God. That was my point.

Oh my, I feel the urge to quote scripture.

Judging Others

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again

Do you know where the word Jehova came from?

The latin translation for the Jewish name for the LORD, The God that interected with the prophets, which probably developed from languages prevalent in the cultures that Abraham interacted with. And supposing the language changeup at the tower of Babel, poossibly has roots back before then.

As such I believe Jehovah is Christ.

I'd be interested in what you have to add tho.

Edited by Blackmarch

The latin translation for the Jewish name for the LORD, The God that interected with the prophets, which probably developed from languages prevalent in the cultures that Abraham interacted with.

Basically, I think we all know that the Jews really felt awkward saying Yahweh or any other name/word when refering to God himself.

And supposing the language changeup at the tower of Babel, poossibly has roots back before then.

Hmmm....

As such I believe Jehovah is Christ.

.....if the Jews invented the name Jehova then clearly it cannot be Jesus.

I'd be interested in what you have to add tho

Well, the Jews had many words/names for God. They quickly decided each time that it was irrespectable to call him though, so they often called him by many words.

Jehova is a word that was used to substitute "Yahweh". It does not extactly mean God, Lord or any other referral, it is an indirect description of God and not quite a name. It is much like me saying "silky soft dark feline" rather that just directly saying "black cat".

The word Jehova is basically Yahweh but with lenghty descriptions of God therefore after, but it is all in one word. It's like a one worded sentence.

The reason why I mentioned this is just because of Jehova witnesses. They do not realise that their name is not God, at least not when thay finally named their denomination.

to a Latter Day Saint usually the God of the Old Testament ie Jehovah/YHVH etc is Jesus so it would not be correct to address the prayer to Him as we pray to Heavenly Father. For us Jesus did not come into existence when He was born He was there at the foundation of the world and before