Hoover Dam construction, need advice

Tamiele

We are travelling down to the states next weekend. We are going to be travelling from Flagstaff to Las Vegas on the 29th. We have tickets to the Osmonds that night. Mapquest gives 4 hours of driving time for that distance. We wanted to see Hoover Dam but there is construction around there I guess. Will this add too much time to the trip, or would it be a minor delay?? We need to determine if it will conflict with getting to Vegas prior to 6:30PM to get our tickets. Thanks to anyone who can give any first hand impressions!! :)

Guest mirancs8

Ow my goodness!!!! That dam construction is a pain in the rear. Went from where I live in Gilbert to Vegas in December and just in the dam part it was 2 hours!!!!!! Give yourself tons of time maybe even try to go through that part very early in the morning or really late at night.

Well we have decided to not bother seeing the Hoover Dam. Can't run the risk of being late for the show in Vegas. Another time perhaps. Thanks to all for the advice. Nothing worse than driving along and winding up in a major traffic jam.:)

If you are not going through Laughlin you have to cross over the Hoover Dam. Leave Flagstaff early in the morning and you will have tons of time to check out the dam. It is well worth the effort to go.

/

The construction is going on south of the dam.

The only thing that delays you is the inspection station, in place since 9/11

The only other delay is all the tourists on the dam. If you are there early not a problem.

It is the worst on weekends. During the week it is not bad at all.

Ben Raines