Broiling a Steak

Dravin

I guess it depends on the mood I'm in and what i want the steaks for.

I'f i'm serving them just with some potatoes and veggies i'll season them with a lil montreal steak spice and let them sit for a bit.

If i want a lil extra zing I'll use either a teryaki or a teryaki and wasabi marinade.

I'f i'm going all out and using a sauce and some pasta i'll usually use a lil red wine and steak spice and let it sit a few hours.

Dravin,

The skillet method allows you more direct control, and it portrays you as the man of action that you are.

Plus, it gives that perfect texture to the sear that can only come from direct contact. In fact, I prefer to sear my sirloins on a hot iron over grilling most of the time.

And, don't forget the sauce from the drippings.

A nice side dish to go along with the steak is garlic spinach.

Just briefly saute a bag of fresh baby spinach and minced garlic (fesh or from a jar) in olive oil using something like a wok (because it has tall sides). Towards the end, toss in a pinch of salt and freshly cracked pepper.

Simple, and oh so good. You can do a similar number on asparagus.

Vanhin

It worked out well. I ended up broiling it, 3.5 minutes each side for mine 5.5 for hers. Mine turned out medium, I think if I could do it over again I'd do 3 minutes each side mine, maybe knock a minute or 30 seconds off hers as well.