Treatin'

Alright, girls, you know men. A gentleman opens a door, gives a lady his coat, brings her flowers, etc. How many of you male members actually know how to "treat" a lady? Even if it's just a friend--never hitting them, etc. One of my friends got me roses the other day to help me feel better! ^_^ It was really special. ^.^

See the flowers

Ladies, how do you treat the males? Equally? What do you ladies expect of a gentleman and why? What's lady-likeness to a guy? How important is it?

SM,

Nice flowers! :)

Honesty and respect for others is important. :)

Follow the golden rule of treating others as you would like to be treated would be helpful. :)

Take a genuine interest in what the other person has to say, and see if you can relate to it (be a good listener) :)

Don't bore the other party by monopolizing the conversation especially about yourself or your escapades. :)

Let the other party know that you appreciate their company and that they are special to you. :D

I could care less if I get flowers. I just want my man to come home and not take an instant "What did you do today while I worked my butt off" attitude.

Hey, honey, how was your day? O, I'm sorry the baby doesn't feel good. Why don't you take walk while I watch the kids.

But no, it's flop on the couch, honey take my boots off, what's for dinner, and then snoring an hour later.

Enjoy it while you can. It wil end someday. My hubby was the sweetest guy while we were dating but three kids ended that real quick

But no, it's flop on the couch, honey take my boots off, what's for dinner, and then snoring an hour later.

Enjoy it while you can. It wil end someday. My hubby was the sweetest guy while we were dating but three kids ended that real quick

Get grandma to take the kids for the evening, greet him at the door in something from Victoria's Secret, serve something special and.... :wow:

Worth a try.

I could care less if I get flowers. I just want my man to come home and not take an instant "What did you do today while I worked my butt off" attitude.

Hey, honey, how was your day? O, I'm sorry the baby doesn't feel good. Why don't you take walk while I watch the kids.

Prend1,

Communication is very important between couples. A man or a woman can be clueless about what the other feels is important to them unless you have established a loving atmosphere of honest, caring communication in the relationship!

When we keep pent up feelings of anger and resentment inside...it has a way of leaking out into our personality...we may become moody, preachy, resentful, have an uncaring air about us, or become distant and non-talkative. All of these personality traits can sabotage a marriage/relationship until one or both parties seriously questions the merits of it.

Yes, there are differences between men and woman, but that is part of the beauty of it. New eyes to share their unique view of things, new hands to touch and hold and embrace, a new heart and mind to share personal feelings ...hopes, dreams, and fears with.

I say lets build a bridge to embrace these differences. Your life will be far more richly rewarded for it.

This bridge that I speak of must be diligently maintained. To preserve its structural integrity it needs constant monitoring on a daily bases. To do this you must establish a loving atmosphere of honest, caring communication in the relationship.

<div class='quotemain'>

What's lady-likeness to a guy?

Err..... no drugs would be nice.

How important is it?

Very.

*Falls over and dies* :sparklygrin: Oh my goodness. :wow: Don't worry....I'm sure a lot of people here don't do that.... :blink:

You gotta quit that falling over and dying.

Re: topic.

Bling. I like bling. All else is not...bling. B)

<div class='quotemain'>

please forgive my ignorance but what is bling?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe bling is referring to jewerly! :sparklygrin:

Bling isn't JUST jewelry! Bling refers to the big, shiny, gaudy, heavy, diamonds set in platinum.

Diamonds are also referred to as 'ice'. If you are wearing a lot of diamonds, you are 'dripping in ice'.

Mmm....ice. Ice is nice, eh, Ninja-Pants?

Diamonds are the best gift. Not only do they show that someone can afford to love you, but they're also a great investment! If the relationship doesn't work out, you can get compensated by selling your bling! Monetary compensation eases heartbreak like nothing else.

Communication is very important between couples. A man or a woman can be clueless about what the other feels is important to them unless you have established a loving atmosphere of honest, caring communication in the relationship!

When we keep pent up feelings of anger and resentment inside...it has a way of leaking out into our personality...we may become moody, preachy, resentful, have an uncaring air about us, or become distant and non-talkative. All of these personality traits can sabotage a marriage/relationship until one or both parties seriously questions the merits of it.

Yes, there are differences between men and woman, but that is part of the beauty of it. New eyes to share their unique view of things, new hands to touch and hold and embrace, a new heart and mind to share personal feelings ...hopes, dreams, and fears with.

I say lets build a bridge to embrace these differences. Your life will be far more richly rewarded for it.

This bridge that I speak of must be diligently maintained. To preserve its structural integrity it needs constant monitoring on a daily bases. To do this you must establish a loving atmosphere of honest, caring communication in the relationship.

Excellent statement BeGood2! I think that about says everything I was thinking and then some!

I beleive its two in the same, you treat others in the manner you would like to be treated. I open the door for my husband and he opens it for me. We both suprise each other with dinner and flowers.....We both buy cards, write poems and send emails. We both make time for the other to get things accomplished, and we both schedule time alone. It's about giving 150 % instead of just taking and expecting....and most importantly, remember that hardships can cause forgetfullness and stress, dont expect to much and your expections will always be met. :wow::wow:

Guest Unorthodox

How many of you male members actually know how to "treat" a lady? Even if it's just a friend--never hitting them, etc.

As a true gentleman, I would like to say that "never hitting them" is very important.

I beleive its two in the same, you treat others in the manner you would like to be treated. I open the door for my husband and he opens it for me. We both suprise each other with dinner and flowers.....We both buy cards, write poems and send emails. We both make time for the other to get things accomplished, and we both schedule time alone. It's about giving 150 % instead of just taking and expecting....and most importantly, remember that hardships can cause forgetfullness and stress, dont expect to much and your expections will always be met. :wow::wow:

Laureltree,

I love your marriage philosophy and I think that it has a great potential for keeping the freshness and spark alive in your relationship! May you and your husband have many wonderful years to enjoy together! :)