Prayers For President Hinckley

Guest Unorthodox

Guest Unorthodox

I haven't seen any threads opened about this...

Health Status of President Gordon B. Hinckley

24 January 2006

SALT LAKE CITY — Following a routine medical screening, President Gordon B. Hinckley was found to have cancerous growth in his large intestine. The diseased portion of the intestine was successfully removed through a laparoscopic procedure.

It is anticipated that President Hinckley will recover rapidly and resume his normal duties as President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I haven't been following the news much, so I don't know any more details than that.

Despite being an unbeliever, I am praying for him.

Unorthodox your prayers and thoughts are appreciated. President Hinckley is an absolutely awesome man that is love immensely by our Church membership. He is a sweet, kind, giving person that loves and serves the lord with his whole heart.

President Hinckley is suppose to be recovering well and is expected to resume his normal activities very quickly, including going overseas as scheduled next month. He is a remarkable man.

I believe that men are unable to die until its the Lord's time for you to die. The exception would be if you used your agency to kill yourself or if you act in a way that you know is detremental to your health/life.

Think about all the greats in history and then research their lives and notice how many times they all should have died at a much sooner time. Example, George Washington , 1st Pres. of USA. He should have died numorous times while still serving Great Brittan in various battles during the French and Indian War. Nephi is another example. We all know that Joseph Smith was a marked man. Gordon B Hinkley will live until the Lord deems his work here finished. When that day comes, there will be no need to mourn for there will be no reason to. Pres. Hinkley will have fulfilled his earthly mission and moved on.

This makes me think of the last judgement. Alma the younger refered to being in the presense of the Lord as "being racked" with pain and having a full knowledge of his wickedness. For those who do not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven I believe the worst aspect of judgement will be when the person you are is introduced to the person you could have been. Think about it.

President Hinckley is home and resting comfortablily according to the news and expected to resume normal activity shortly.

Let's not rush him out the door too soon. Another article says that:

A typical recovery period after laparoscopic surgery is two weeks, but it varies depending on the age and health of the patient.

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_3459824

You may look at Mr. Hinckley as a prophet but he is also a 95 year old man. Give him time to recuperate. :)

M.