Fruitless

Aristotle

That is why we are called upon to teach by the spirit, if we are not prepared so that the spirit can be with us and be a part of our teaching, little if any teaching takes place. We are but the instrument in the hands of the Holy Ghost to teach, it is the Holy Ghost that does the teaching, if any is to take place. For that to happen, we must be spiritually prepared ourselves and lay foundations for teaching to take place, whether it is in days, weeks, months, or even years.

<div class='quotemain'>

Your quote is wrong. It's not fruitless. I know that personally. I've seen the fruit of pro-mormon propaganda convert the anti, and I've seen the anti persuade the faithful mormon.

So which is the reason you're here?

Im not on either side. I think you're both wrong and right together.

"The anti-LDS attempting to convince the LDS that the Church is untrue is as fruitless as the LDS attempting to convince the anti-LDS that the Church is true." - The Aristotles

(you may quote us) :P

Well - that's profoundly WRONG.

A good many converts will tell you that they were once stauch anti-LDS.

For that matter, more than one ex-mormon has been swayed by the critics.

Hey, I think it's good to express your opinion. Just cuz you're not LDS doesn't make you evil, which is rather obvious. -_- If we thought people were that evil, do you think that half of the people would be honestly trying to share the gospel--because they honestly care about people? I mean...it's all about the love of Christ and following His teachings. I don't know about ya'll, but I respect others who aren't LDS. So long as they understand my standards and they respect them, I could care less. That doesn't mean I won't try to share the gospel. Friends first. Honest people there trying to care for everyone. I've been harassed about being Mormon from tons of other Mormons. That doesn't make me hate my religion because I'm commited to the truth of the gospel, not its people. :dontknow: I don't know why it's so hard to not fight. Just because you disagree doesn't make everybody evil. :wub: I like everyone here, Mormon or not. It doesn't matter to me. I mean...this is about having fun, not trying to sit there and convince and battle out who's right. There's nothing wrong with sharing the gospel or your point of views. ^_^ A lot of good can come from it. The point is to share. :sparklygrin: Anyway, enough of me rambling! ^_^

Your quote is wrong. It's not fruitless. I know that personally. I've seen the fruit of pro-mormon propaganda convert the anti, and I've seen the anti persuade the faithful mormon.

Spiritual fruit only comes through Christ.

<div class='quotemain'>

"The anti-LDS attempting to convince the LDS that the Church is untrue is as fruitless as the LDS attempting to convince the anti-LDS that the Church is true." - The Aristotles

(you may quote us) :P

Well - that's profoundly WRONG.

A good many converts will tell you that they were once stauch anti-LDS.

For that matter, more than one ex-mormon has been swayed by the critics.

I don't know for sure, but I would bet she was referring to boards like these. Therefore her statement is true to a subjective and limited degree.

The way one becomes a good conversationalist is to listen for what someone is 'really' saying. Of course everyone knows that any statement made can be proven wrong or right if looked at in the wrong or right light.

I don't know for sure, but I would bet she was referring to boards like these. Therefore her statement is true to a subjective and limited degree.

The way one becomes a good conversationalist is to listen for what someone is 'really' saying. Of course everyone knows that any statement made can be proven wrong or right if looked at in the wrong or right light.

Thanks again, Syble...of course, you are right, as always! ;)

Syble & Aristotles,

Am I to understand that you would like to engage in civil converstations? I know it's possible between us, but is it realistic? :hmmm:

Sure. We love you Jason!!

Of course everyone knows that any statement made can be proven wrong or right if looked at in the wrong or right light.

And vice-versa. ;-)

ABSATOOTLY! VERSi VISA TOO!