The Bishop

Landy77

I was speaking with the Bishop about a few concerns I had with my wife. One day the Bishop was not available and I spoke with the second counselor. The next day my wife was questioning me about what I had said. The second counselor had told the secretary what we talked about and then the secretary asked about the details with my wife on Sunday. I have lost faith in the Bishop and do not see anything productive in meeting with him again.

The Bishops counselor should never be a part of this type of discussion. He is a counselor and does not hold the keys for such confidences. The Counselor should have known better, and you should never have confided in the Counselor, unless the Bishop had directed it. In my

patriarchal blessing I was warned if I broke a confidence I was in danger of losing my exaltation. What was done here was dangerious to all involved.

Well can I at least post the link for my subbmission? The link is a photo of what is told to stake presidency and bishoprics on how to handle confidential matters.

You can always post links as long as it is to a site that is appropriate. But keep in mind that the CHI is not something we randomly throw out to the general public. It is a handbook for our leaders to refer to.

Edited by pam

Be careful you don't say that one around my wife!!! For her, that statement is a licence for people in Church leadership positions to do whatever they please without any kind of accountability or impunity.

She prefers -- "the Gospel is perfect but the Church isn't" because the Church IS the people, and is merely the delivery system of the Gospel. Without the people, the Church would be a set of empty buildings....

I tend to agree with her on this one....

I consider that a matter of semantics. It really means the same thing. Most people who say, "The Church is perfect but the people in it aren't," including myself, use the word "Church" to mean the Gospel as it was established by Christ, not the physical church made up of members.

To say that we have a license to do whatever we want, whether we're a church leader or not, because we are not perfect is a really lame excuse, imho. No disrespect to your wife intended, but I'm wondering why in the world she would think that admitting that church leaders are not perfect gives them license to do whatever they please without accountability? It doesn't, not for them or anyone else. There was only one perfect person to ever walk the earth and we all know who that is. So it almost goes without saying that no one is perfect and that certainly doesn't give anyone the right to do whatever they want without accountability.

Edited by MormonMama