How to get ready in 15 min for mountaintrip!

Maya

Yesterday... Monday 6 September I finally got up at 7.30 to wake my son whose alarm went off at 7.00 and schoolbuss would go 7.54 or he if should drive to school at 8.10. I told him I can pack his books for him but he had to get up NOW.

While looking for the books (he stil in bed) I came to notice a paper on his desk... 6-8.9 2010 excursion to the mountains ... bus leaves 7.50.

That left us 10 minutes to find everythign he needs on a mountain trip... it had got cold on the mountains, snow, he neded wollen clothes and all! I told him to call school and ask them to wait a bit.

Ofcourse cars in front of us drove VERY slow. We were 20 minutes late, but he made it. Later I noticed we forgot waterbotle... fleece pants had fallen out of the bag, it was monday... nothing to have on the bread for him to take with... no chocholate, some jerkies yes... 4 peaces bread with rest of the chees and salami.... forgot the fruit and plastic bags. Luckily his mountainboots were not put away... I hope the sleeping bag was for 0C.

Gee what a morning! I really hoped he could take care of his school by himself now!

:) I have had those morning with my kids. I even had those mornings with my grandbabies when they lived with us for over 3 years. :) I told my daughter that she deserved those mornings after what she put me through when she was younger. :) I just did not know she was going to be living with me when she went through it . :)) For some reason she did not get the funny in that statement. I told her I am learning to laugh at myself. Sigh, Oh well give her a few more years and she might get what I was trying to tell her.

Kids. This isn't so much about having to get them ready in 15 minutes but about them not thinking ahead or at least informing me ahead. I was working 2 full time jobs at the time. Due to get off a job at midnight. About 10:30 my daughter "reminds" me that she needs 1 1/2 yards of fabric for a class tomorrow. What? Of course her reminding me was the first time I had heard of it. So here I am out at 12:30 in the morning trying to find a place I could get fabric by 6:30 a.m. before she headed to school.

Luckily Walmart was open 24 hours but I was worried there wouldn't be anyone available to cut the fabric for me. Woohoo there was. Problem solved. But I was not a happy camper as my next job started at 7 a.m.