E-mail Making The "mormon" Circuit

Mahonri

I was talking with my friend in North Salt Lake this morning. He lives in a Ward with 3 Apostles and the Stake President is Elder Ballard's son-in-law. They had Stake Conference this past Sunday and Elder Ballard, who just had both knees replaced, came and spoke.

Among other things, Apostle Ballard said that General Conference this April (2006) may well be our last chance to hear Pres. Hinckley speak.

He said that Pres. Hinckley is suffering from a very serious illness and that, much like King Benjamin is gathering his people around to address them one last time, we would do well to listen as intently as the people of that time. It is sad to think that we may lose President Hinckley soon but thought it would be good to know this and treat his testimony even more reverently.

The only part of this e-mail that I am certain of is the fact that Elder Ballard just had both knees replaced. Other than that I don't know...

Anyone from North Salt Lake here?

M

My thoughts on this are that if it were true, and something that we all needed to know, email wouldn't be the manner of choice. When something is important, and the word needs get out quickly, a letter goes out to the wards and it is read in our meetings.

Just my thoughts. :hmmm:

I would guess email could be as accurate as any other information vehicle. There are ways to validate what information is being given.

Wikipedia.org is a very up-to-date information service, but from my own experience not all information is correct - which is why wikipedia gives the reader the ability to edit errors. Even though, here is what Wikipedia says about Mr. Hinckley:

On January 24, 2006, Hinckley underwent surgery to remove cancerous growths in his large intestine. According to Deseret News, the procedure went well and a rapid recovery is expected. He was released from the hospital on January 31.

On March 10, 2006, Hinckley traveled to Santiago, Chile to rededicate a temple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_B._Hinckley

M.

I believe for those who watched President Hinckley speak lastnight and today will notice that he looked fine....he does have some weight loss....after going thru the surgery he had I am sure thats a common thing...other than that he looked great and does plan on speaking in October..... :D

I believe for those who watched President Hinckley speak lastnight and today will notice that he looked fine....he does have some weight loss....after going thru the surgery he had I am sure thats a common thing...other than that he looked great and does plan on speaking in October..... :D

you know how these e-mails get started.

He looks fine to me.

I'm praying that we have a 100th birthday party for him.

<div class='quotemain'>

you know how these e-mails get started.

He looks fine to me.

I'm praying that we have a 100th birthday party for him.

Hey, I'll second that! :)

I hope Presidently Hinckley is still with us to lead the church and to share his 100th birthday party! :D

Although he did say there are still some problems from the surgery, Pres. Hinckley also told us not to regard his remarks today as an obituary! I hope he sticks around for a few more years--I like him, and it would also be cool to have a 100-year-old prophet!

We will all miss President Hinckley when the Lord chooses to call him home and his mission ends in this life. But, we also know that he misses his wife very much and has surely been a great great prophet to all of us. I will miss him terribily when that time comes, but I also do not think we should worry about it. When President Hinckley is called home, the Lord will call another to fill his shoes that will do just as good a job and maybe a better job at whatever the Lord calls him to do. President Hinckley has done much in his short 10 years. Brought forth a great deal of new programs and temples, and much more. The next Prophet maybe called to build more temples, or do something entirely different. He may lead the Church in way that we have never dreamed of. We have no idea what the Lord has in mind for us, but we do know that the Lord will take care of his people and provide the leadership we need.

What a wonderful blessing President Hinckley has and continues to be for all of us. It would be wonderful to celebrate his 100th Birthday with him. I have so much respect for him. He has touched my life so very much.

I know the Lord will do the right thing for all of us, including President Hinckley.

Although he did say there are still some problems from the surgery, Pres. Hinckley also told us not to regard his remarks today as an obituary!

That was about five seconds after I mentioned to my wife that it sounded a bit like a farewell address. :lol: He cleared that idea up rather quickly...

I’ve seen this happen every time one of our leaders gets on in years.

If Email had been around during President Kimball’s presidency he would have been dead and buried over many years.

I think it is morbid.

The facts show that most loving couples do not survive long after a spouse dies.

If he passes on it will be the right time for him, our beloved Prophet.

Most men with the same cancer my grandfather included live and die of old age nothing more.

He seems to have the same spunk in his mind and voice and what a blessing this conference, wasn’t he?

I read some of his wisdom on line this last week, his priesthood address touched me deeply since I have seen my own children treated as a lesser class because we are a military family and the pain it coursed my older sons mostly. Yet other wards have seen our arrival with excitement and joy.

None better to teach scouts and cubs then a brother who with camouflage their faces and crawl though the woods with them.

His remarks on loving all of those around you seem to be a repetitive statement in many of his talks. Not letting none, member children play with yours and what new members need just off the top of my memory.

I think he has much yet to tell us.

The facts show that most loving couples do not survive long after a spouse dies.

I think you should qualify this statement with an "elderly" as in "elderly couples"; because even now people can die young and leave young widows or widowers.

M.