Illegal Immigrants- The Perfect Gift for Your Member of Congress

talisyn

I'm always glad when I can cross party lines and salute politicians who I feel are actually doing a good job. My husband's computer won't allow me to click on the insert link button so it's cut/paste, sorry :(

WIOD NewsRadio 610 - News | Traffic | Weather - 24

"A measure filed by State Rep. Lois Kolkhorst (R-Brenham) would allow any law enforcement agency that has custody of an illegal immigrant to take the illegal to 'the office of a U.S. Senator or Representative' and leave them there."

Awesome.

These jokes are as funny if youdont care about people

Why yes, the jokes are as funny if you don't care about people as if you do care about people. Keen observation. Sorry, chastisement by an anonymous internet denizen with a terminal case of lack-of-humoritus is one of the things that won't be keeping me up at night.

Claygirl, I'm sympathetic to the plight of illegal immigrants. The more I know about various places (mostly Mexico) the more I feel sorry for them. However, the problems they face is a task something their home country must solve. What bugs me is the US politicians who get elected after a campaign run as 'Close the Border!' and then do nothing. Once police show up in the Senators and Reps offices with illegal immigrants in custody it will no longer be an ephermal 'we really should do something, eventually' problem. It will be a 'how do we get out of this without looking like a hypocrite' problem :P

These jokes are as funny if youdont care about people

Claygirl - would you mind explaining your view on the matter?

Are you saying that if we urge our senators to enforce the law of the land that we are being mean to people? Mean to who? The illegal immigrants?