Your opinion counts!

beefche

You know, it dawned on me (yea, my mind is a bit on the slow side) that we gave her everything except what she asked for.

I do believe we need to apologize and become more serious about this.

I know. I'm afraid she was actually serious in her request. Whoops.

For me and my husband, our song wasn't really a slow one that you could dance to. We came up with a list of three or four love-type songs that we both liked, and started narrowing down from there. We ended up going with a song that was by the same artist as our actual song, which was nice. But I'm not telling you what it is, because it's our song. :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay party-pooper, er, slamjet... :D

Seriously though, a song is not really something anybody can help you with. See, a song is something that holds a special memory/meaning/etc to you both. It's not something you just pick because it sounds nice or because it is special to somebody else, or even if it's special but just for one of you.

And, just going through song after song trying to pick something that speaks to both of you just doesn't have that same "special ring" to it... because, it's "contrived". I don't know what the proper words are to convey what I'm trying to say. Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

For example - my sister and her husband's song is the Theme Song for the Beauty and the Beast TV series (The First Time I Loved Forever) because that was my sister's favorite tv series when she met her husband and he played it on the piano for her... So, I would listen to that song and I would be like - doesn't sound special to me... as a matter of fact, it makes me think, hmm... are you calling your husband a beast? But, hey, it's special to them!

The very first time my husband and I danced, it was to the Theme Song for The Crow movie (It Can't Rain All the Time). So, it became our song... but it doesn't make sense to anybody why it's our song when it talks about the guy being gone! So yeah, it won't make sense to anybody but the two of us. We tried to sit down to pick a "real love song" that doesn't raise eyebrows, but we've tried for a looonggg time and nothing just speaks "special" except for that song that says "when I awoke, I cried again because you were gone." Oh well...

Edited by anatess

Okay party-pooper, er, slamjet... :D

Seriously though, a song is not really something anybody can help you with. See, a song is something that holds a special memory/meaning/etc to you both. It's not something you just pick because it sounds nice or because it is special to somebody else, or even if it's special but just for one of you.

And, just going through song after song trying to pick something that speaks to both of you just doesn't have that same "special ring" to it... because, it's "contrived". I don't know what the proper words are to convey what I'm trying to say. Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

For example - my sister and her husband's song is the Theme Song for the Beauty and the Beast TV series (The First Time I Loved Forever) because that was my sister's favorite tv series when she met her husband and he played it on the piano for her... So, I would listen to that song and I would be like - doesn't sound special to me... as a matter of fact, it makes me think, hmm... are you calling your husband a beast? But, hey, it's special to them!

The very first time my husband and I danced, it was to the Theme Song for The Crow movie (It Can't Rain All the Time). So, it became our song... but it doesn't make sense to anybody why it's our song when it talks about the guy being gone! So yeah, it won't make sense to anybody but the two of us. We tried to sit down to pick a "real love song" that doesn't raise eyebrows, but we've tried for a looonggg time and nothing just speaks "special" except for that song that says "when I awoke, I cried again because you were gone." Oh well...

So what song do you suggest for them? :D

Dravin and I need an "our" song. We don't have one. So, give us your thoughts. What should be the song that represents the relationship of Dravin and Beefche?

for you Beefche and Dravin - it definitely fits the two of you and is your song.

Edited by SeattleTruthSeeker

We weren't exclusive at the time and I think Dravin was enjoying your company way too much. I saw how you were eyeing his badonkadonk. ;) I allowed you your time with him before I swooped in and stole him! :D

Oh, my, I forgot all about his badonkadonk! :blush:

I suspect I was actually hogging my conversation with him, but you were very gracious to allow me my moment in that particular sun. He's a very interesting fellow and it's one of the reasons I'm so happy for you.

Elph