DUDE! Firefox 4 is OUT!

slamjet

well, I gues we won't be hearing from slamjet for a while!

I am trying to contain my geeky love-fest with open source browsers that beat the pants off of the evil one

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yea, it's sad and pathetic. But it beats falling in love with a toaster, except mine which has lights and buttons :D

Actually, do the customize thing again and the refresh button will be next to the address bar. For some reason it's tucked into that bar. Once you customize, it will show up. Then drag it over to where you want it to be and it will un-dock it.

whew! so we haven't lost you completely :) good

when I read your last post, I pictured you wide eyed in front of a screen, not blinking, and clicking non-stop

chanting "oh, look at that, aren't you pretty"

oh, with a bit of slobber dribbling

with the theme from 'lost in space' playing in the background

whew! so we haven't lost you completely :) good

when I read your last post, I pictured you wide eyed in front of a screen, not blinking, and clicking non-stop

chanting "oh, look at that, aren't you pretty"

oh, with a bit of slobber dribbling

with the theme from 'lost in space' playing in the background

You have no idea.

The only thing I really need for extensions is Adblock (Yay! The one thing I missed when I went to Chrome) and a Gmail notifier. Some of the visual difference will take a little getting used to. And I have to confess I'm rearranging everything to make it Chrome like (I'm rather used to Chrome's interface by now).

Hm... can't seem to get it to use verdana, it's using calibri (probably the site's default), despite my attempts to make it.

Edited by Dravin

lol...The only time I use Internet Destroyer is for windows update since Microsoft is skeered to let us do it with real browsers.

A huge annoyance I have with FF4 is they changed the order of the menu when you right-click. I am used to "open in new tab" being the second choice and now it's first. I keep opening new windows in error.

As exciting as this information is supposed to be, I can't imagine leaving Chrome. Even without an AdBlock plug in, I've never had a single ad pop up in Chrome. Although, that doesn't stop the ads in the page, which don't bother me as much.

The only reason I can think to use Firefox over Chrome is the additional plugins, but I imagine it's only a matter of time before Chrome starts catching up.

As exciting as this information is supposed to be, I can't imagine leaving Chrome. Even without an AdBlock plug in, I've never had a single ad pop up in Chrome. Although, that doesn't stop the ads in the page, which don't bother me as much.

The only reason I can think to use Firefox over Chrome is the additional plugins, but I imagine it's only a matter of time before Chrome starts catching up.

There is another reason, and that is just as you used to run into sites that refused to run if you didn't have IE, you now run into sites that refuse to work unless you have IE or FF. Of course that's a reason to have it install not so much a reason to use it as your go to browser unless you run into those sites a lot.

After playing with FF a little while yesterday I'm finding myself snuggling back up to Chrome, I could get used to FF but it renders text differently and that difference is bugging me.