Any Non-denom Christians Here?

jamesderby

I am a non dom ;)

I think it is a good place to hang around. You do not have to be LDS to be an active part of the forums here and participate and share ideas. I would also say that most of the lds folk here do a wonderful job welcoming you to their home on the web. The only thing I would say is to remember that this is an LDS centric forum and as such, we are guests and need to be as respectful to them as they are to us.

I am a non dom ;)

I think it is a good place to hang around. You do not have to be LDS to be an active part of the forums here and participate and share ideas. I would also say that most of the lds folk here do a wonderful job welcoming you to their home on the web. The only thing I would say is to remember that this is an LDS centric forum and as such, we are guests and need to be as respectful to them as they are to us.

The Captain said it well. I happen to belong to a denomination, but I'm not LDS. Nevertheless, I've been welcomed here, and quite often LDS folk have gone out of their way to thank me for what I've shared. Having the mentality of a guest is a tremendous piece of good advice. Listen, get your balance, then insert an idea or two. Avoid personality contests, or arguments over who's being fair, etc.

Another helpful hint I've only recently picked up on (after over 1000 posts)--avoid over-using the quote function. When a post degenerates into two people doing line-by-line rebuttals the general interest level drops, and the danger of the discussion becoming too much about personality arises.

Have fun, share and learn. Blessings to you!

Outstanding views from both the Captain and PC, thank you.

I have to say in recent days I have been a little disappointed at some very Anti-LDS comments and also some bigoted member comments on here (at least that is how I perceived it). and I have wondered if i really want to be involved.

On the up side there are some very good people here too.

Bob

Because we allow both non member and members here to express their views here sometimes it gets a little out of hand. Heather owns this site and she has the final say of what is tolerated and what is not. I hope that if someone has a problem here they will use kindness to help another understand their POV. If something really bothers you, feel free to use the "report" button with the problem. All "reports" are available for the moderators to see. This is summer and we are not always online so we need everyone's help in notifying us that their is a problem that needs attention.

Bob I hope you don't get offended by anyone here. I enjoy reading your posts. :D After the new members have been here awhile you will get to understand where someone is coming from and why they might feel the way they do about a particular issue.