Churches view on Dinosaurs?

Chango

WELCOME TO EARTH. TODAY IN PRIMARY WE ARE GOING TO BE TALKING ABOUT NOAH AND THE FLOOD. The church does make a stand for the flood. And yes I made a mistake. Not 2,000BC. Christ was on the earth about 2,000 years ago. Next week in primary we will be going over the restoration of the church which consists of a living prophet. I am going back to lds.net. This Rlds.net site is not teaching me much.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Godless

I will say to all, that the church has no standing on dinosaurs when, were etc. The church does have understanding that the flood was around 3,000 bc. And that christ was on this earth around 2,000 bc. And the record of the bible and mankind of all from adam and eve is around 4,000bc. I am now going to find lds.net.

Yep, virtually all of mankind was killed off a mere 5,000 years ago. And now we have over 6 billion residents of various ethnicity spread across the globe, speaking hundreds of different languages. That's exactly what I was taught in primary and Sunday School. :D

not really

My husband has a few theories, one of which is that dinosaurs never existed on our planet but that God gave us fossils for fuel, and just because He has a twisted sense of humor. But so does my husband, so that explains why he likes to think that. :)

I was actually taught that when I was a child. I don't recall if it was actually at church or if it was by my mother, because that's what she believes. In fact, shortly before my grandmother died the three of us were talking about it and when I explained that dinosaurs were not the source of fossil fuels, they didn't believe me. There was this little problem of me being an over-educated, evil apostate and such. :P

Elph

I was actually taught that when I was a child. I don't recall if it was actually at church or if it was by my mother, because that's what she believes. In fact, shortly before my grandmother died the three of us were talking about it and when I explained that dinosaurs were not the source of fossil fuels, they didn't believe me. There was this little problem of me being an over-educated, evil apostate and such. :P

Elph

I remember a PSA (or maybe it was a commercial for Arco or Esso or something) from the '70s, probably during the initial OPEC "energy crisis" during the Carter years, that featured a droop-tailed Brontosaurus*-looking animation getting sucked into the ground, along with other dinosaurs and plants, then "becoming" oil and being pumped into the gas tank of the happy car owner. I was a young teen at the time, and I wondered even then why they would put something so obviously wrong on TV (and, as is typical for me, whether I was in fact the one who was wrong, and somehow petroleum actually did derive from the flesh of ancient reptiles).

*I realize there's no such thing as a Brontosaurus, but this animation was no Apatosaurus. Very much a Gertie the Dinosaur type dino.