The Worst Thing About Being Homosexual

Ray

I can see a lot of disadvantages to being homosexual. For instance, if you’re homosexual:

1) You’ll never truly know the opposite sex

Sexuality is classified as being either male or female. While some people have some traits that are both masculine and feminine, only a male has all of the traits of a male, and only a female has all of the traits of a female, therefore, only a male can truly know what it is to be male, and only a female can truly know what it is to be female unless a member of one sex shares their life with a member of the opposite sex, getting to know each other better and better until they get to know each other completely. People who are homosexual are depriving themselves of that opportunity.

Persons who are homosexual may think they can assume the sexuality of the opposite sex, from the limited knowledge they have of the opposite sex, with one homosexual acting more male or female than the other, but a female acting like a male will never truly know what it is to be male, and a male acting like a female will never truly know what it is to be female.

2) You’ll never have children

It is impossible for people who are homosexual to have their own children. If a homosexual goes through the procreation experience with a member of the opposite sex, those children are the children of a male and female, and not of homosexual parents. Two homosexuals may assume the role of parents, if given the opportunity, but that opportunity will not always be given, and they will still never have any of their own children.

3) You’ll never have all of the other blessings that are available to the other children of God who are obedient to God.

There is only one path to perfection, and that path is marked by the counsel of God. When God gives us counsel, God’s intent is to help us become like God. If we ignore God’s counsel, we won’t become like God, and we won’t receive all of the blessings and privileges that come from being like God. Being homosexual is in opposition to God’s counsel, so you can’t become like God if you are homosexual. If you think you don’t want to become like God, you just don’t know how wonderful God is, and I think you will change your mind when you someday see how wonderful God is.

I think it helps to realize that we are eternal beings, and that when we die, that is not the end of our existence. Being homosexual may not seem like a big deal during a life on Earth, but to never know and understand the opposite sex, and to never ever have children, to enjoy life with, and to never know what it must be like to be like God, would make life in heaven pretty boring and the worst thing that I can possibly imagine, especially considering that I will probably see other people who live like God.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thank God that I don't have that thorn in my flesh. I have plenty of troubles to deal with already.

Anyway, No, I was just trying to phrase things in a way that would help make my ideas easy for everybody to understand what I was trying to say. :)

These could just as easily be called the BEST things (advantages) of being homosexual.

I can see a lot of advantages to being homosexual. For instance, if you’re homosexual:

1) You’ll truly get to know your same sex

2) You’ll never have children (some heterosexual couples even opt for this, believe it or not)

3) You’ll never have all of the other problems that are prevalent among heterosexual couples

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Ray@Mar 2 2004, 03:49 PM

I can see a lot of disadvantages to being homosexual.

Thank you Ray. I feel sure that the multitude of homosexuals who frequent this board will read your post and quickly see the error of their ways and become heterosexual.

Originally posted by Ray@Mar 2 2004, 03:49 PM

I can see a lot of disadvantages to being homosexual.  For instance, if you’re homosexual:

It is impossible for people who are homosexual to have their own children. If a homosexual goes through the procreation experience with a member of the opposite sex, those children are the children of a male and female, and not of homosexual parents. Two homosexuals may assume the role of parents, if given the opportunity, but that opportunity will not always be given, and they will still never have any of their own children.

That can also be said for infertile heterosexual couples. Are you implying that these kind of parents (ie. the ones who adopt, or use surrogates) are not true parents because they did not actually give birth themselves and/or the child is not genetically related to them. I'm sure this kind of parenting is not less rewarding. There is more to parenting than just giving birth and passing on your genetics. Ray, you of all people should know that. Do you not consider yourself a father to your wife's sons?

M.

Originally posted by Rodney@Mar 2 2004, 05:59 PM

These could just as easily be called the BEST things (advantages) of being homosexual.

I can see a lot of advantages to being homosexual. For instance, if you’re homosexual:

1) You’ll truly get to know your same sex

2) You’ll never have children (some heterosexual couples even opt for this, believe it or not)

3) You’ll never have all of the other problems that are prevalent among heterosexual couples

You forgot one: you automatically double your wardrobe!

Credit: Seinfeld.

Originally posted by curvette+Mar 2 2004, 06:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 2 2004, 06:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 2 2004, 03:49 PM

Thank you Ray. I feel sure that the multitude of homosexuals who frequent this board will read your post and quickly see the error of their ways and become heterosexual.

WOW!! ooooooooooo owchie!! :lol:

Originally posted by Maureen+Mar 2 2004, 05:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Mar 2 2004, 05:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 2 2004, 03:49 PM

I can see a lot of disadvantages to being homosexual.  For instance, if you’re homosexual:

That can also be said for infertile heterosexual couples. Are you implying that these kind of parents (ie. the ones who adopt, or use surrogates) are not true parents because they did not actually give birth themselves and/or the child is not genetically related to them. I'm sure this kind of parenting is not less rewarding. There is more to parenting than just giving birth and passing on your genetics. Ray, you of all people should know that. Do you not consider yourself a father to your wife's sons?

M.

I consider myself to be in the role of a parent, as every other parent is in that role on Earth. None of us have our own children, because we are all the children of God. If we do well in our role as parents on Earth, we may be given the privilege of having our own children, but none of us can claim that privilege yet. This is only a test, to see if we will do everything that God has commanded.

Btw, I'm very impressed that you remember what I said about myself, which things I said quite a while ago. And just so you know, things are getting better and better between us all the time. :)

Originally posted by curvette+Mar 2 2004, 05:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 2 2004, 05:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 2 2004, 03:49 PM

Really? That would be awesome. :)

Originally posted by Ray+Mar 2 2004, 05:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ray @ Mar 2 2004, 05:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Maureen@Mar 2 2004, 05:06 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 2 2004, 03:49 PM

M.

I consider myself to be in the role of a parent, as every other parent is in that role on Earth. None of us have our own children, because we are all the children of God. If we do well in our role as parents on Earth, we may be given the privilege of having our own children, but none of us can claim that privilege yet. This is only a test, to see if we will do everything that God has commanded.

So then it is a disadvantage for a homosexual couple to assume the role of parents but for you it is a privilege. Why is it not a disadvantage for you and a privilege for the homosexual couple?

M.

Originally posted by Maureen+Mar 2 2004, 05:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Mar 2 2004, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Ray@Mar 2 2004, 05:38 PM

M.

So then it is a disadvantage for a homosexual couple to assume the role of parents but for you it is a privilege. Why is it not a disadvantage for you and a privilege for the homosexual couple?

M.

I think you're misunderstanding what I was trying to say.

I was trying to say that God will never give homosexual couples the ability to have their own children. On Earth, children are only born to heterosexual couples, and that's the way it is in heaven too. Except that in heaven, nobody will let homosexuals take care of their children. The people who do that on Earth are going against the counsel of God, but God will not always tolerate this. In fact, He's not very happy about it right now.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Behunin+Mar 2 2004, 05:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Behunin @ Mar 2 2004, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -curvette@Mar 2 2004, 06:05 PM

WOW!! ooooooooooo owchie!! :lol:

I was about to say the same thing....our little curvette is developing a very very sharp tongue!

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Maureen+Mar 2 2004, 05:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Mar 2 2004, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

M.

M.

I think the children who would be disadvantage having homosexuals for parents..

Of course that is only because I believe in God as my Father and all the children of the earth His children....

And since God made things to go a certain way .... anything away from that way...is definitely a disadvantage.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Ray+Mar 2 2004, 05:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ray @ Mar 2 2004, 05:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Maureen@Mar 2 2004, 05:45 PM

M.

M.

I think you're misunderstanding what I was trying to say.

I was trying to say that God will never give homosexual couples the ability to have their own children. On Earth, children are only born to heterosexual couples, and that's the way it is in heaven too. Except that in heaven, nobody will let homosexuals take care of their children. The people who do that on Earth are going against the counsel of God, but God will not always tolerate this. In fact, He's not very happy about it right now.

I think what Ray is trying to say is...that no matter what the homosexual couples do....they must still have a male sperm and female egg to create a baby....

That is something they can't naturally do....and knowing that human beings are only produced through two products from opposite sexes should give them a loud hint as to the natural course of things...but they just don't get it...do they?

Talk about blind.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Maureen+Mar 2 2004, 05:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Mar 2 2004, 05:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 2 2004, 03:49 PM

M.

But at least those who adopt or have surrogate babies who are heterosexual couples ...are trying to follow the established pattern. At least statistically it is not only more plausable that heterosexual couples will be able to have children from their own bodies....but that homosexuals absolutely can't ...they can't make two eggs produce a baby nor can they make two sperm creat a baby.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Peace@Mar 2 2004, 07:19 PM

I was about to say the same thing....our little curvette is developing a very very sharp tongue!

I am personally opposed to gay marriage. I'm not ready to have our country enter into this type of a social experiment and do wonder what the consequences would be. I also have homosexual friends for whom I care very deeply and I don't judge them morally. It just seems so odd that someone who has no understanding whatsoever of the homosexual person to tout the virtues of hetrosexualism on an LDS talk board. To whom was this sermon addressed?

Guest Starsky

LOL....discussion curvette...not sermon. Debate even...but not sermon.

If you want a sermon...check in with the GAs talks...I'm sure they have at least one.

And who says I don't know gay people in my own circle and neighborhood.?

An LDS board would be exactly where such a discussion/debate should be found...why not? Aren't we to learn all there is from our best sources? Wouldn't it be nice for people to be able to come here and learn some facts they could use to better understand the doctrine surrounding this sin?

The world uses every media, and spot they can to promote it as normal and acceptable...why shouldn't we use every means at our disposal to fight the lie? hmmm?

Originally posted by curvette+Mar 2 2004, 05:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 2 2004, 05:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 2 2004, 03:49 PM

bzzzzzzzzzzzz

a multitude, indeed.

:rolleyes:

May God help us all.

Paul O

Originally posted by Behunin+Mar 3 2004, 06:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Behunin @ Mar 3 2004, 06:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Paul Osborne@Mar 3 2004, 07:36 AM

O God help me. Another gay thread.

Paul O

TEE HEE :P

:P

have a great day!

Paul O

Originally posted by Paul Osborne+Mar 3 2004, 07:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Paul Osborne @ Mar 3 2004, 07:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Behunin@Mar 3 2004, 06:38 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Paul Osborne@Mar 3 2004, 07:36 AM

O God help me. Another gay thread.

Paul O

TEE HEE :P

:P

have a great day!

Paul O

and you too! :)