LDS Apps for Android (Honeycomb)

Echo2002

I'm thinking of getting a Android tablet or possibly an iPad. I'm thinking the iPad is too expensive for me, so I found a more affordable Asus Eee Transformer that runs Honeycomb. Will the LDS apps work well on a tablet, or are they mostly made for the phone? I just wonder about the screen sizes and any distortion that that might cause.

I'm planning on using the tablet for mostly reading purposes. The reason I'm not getting a Nook or Kindle is because they don't support Android so I don't think I would be able to use the LDS Apps.

Does anyone have any of these devices and can give me some advice on what would be good to use as a reader? What are your experiences with the LDS Apps for Android versus iPad?

I checked out the Nook at B&N today, it was nice, but I'm not sure I'm savvy enough to manipulate the software. Also, I don't think Deseret Books has very many titles available for the Nook, does it? The salesman did say new apps were being added to the Nook everyday.

I went to Best Buy and looked at all the tablets they have, unfortunately they didn't have the Asus in the store. I didn't think the iPad was all that special. I like the lightweight feel of the Samsung Galaxy, which is the same price as the iPad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just loaded up the Gospel Library on my Nook Tablet. You can can Bookmark, Note, Highlight and Search and the great thing about it is it's sync'd to my LDS account. So I can use the same library on different devices and they will all be sync'd. All my book marks, notes and highlights will be sync'd to my current and future devices. It's also Free!