Revelation 14:6 "The Everlasting Gospel?"

Ts82177

I don't think that's the only meaning of this passage. Joseph revealed that Moroni's visit was only a partial fulfilment of this passage; the gospel-bearing angel was indeed an angel, but the gospel-preaching angel (the angels are the same in Revelation) is no angel at all but servants.

I see what you're saying.

I guess I have to fall back on the authority point.

The teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ were "distorted" but not removed. I can see where that means the true Gospel was removed, but I am open to other's interpretations.

What cannot be doubted is that "an" angel was required to begin the restoration of authority, since it was lost. Therefore, an angel was required to "usher in" the restoration. I agree that this one angel mentioned did not restore all things. I think this angel mentioned restored a few of the basic and foundation truths of Christianity that were lost or distorted. The rest piggy-backed on that.

It's interesting that an "angel" is simply "one who is ordained, commissioned, or sent by God to teach His Gospel." This term aptly applies to missionaries and others who have dedicated their lives to God's service.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you're saying.

I guess I have to fall back on the authority point.

The teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ were "distorted" but not removed. I can see where that means the true Gospel was removed, but I am open to other's interpretations.

I agree that this one angel mentioned did not restore all things. I think this angel mentioned restored a few of the basic and foundation truths of Christianity that were lost or distorted. The rest piggy-backed on that.

I think we've reached an understanding.

What cannot be doubted is that "an" angel was required to begin the restoration of authority, since it was lost. Therefore, an angel was required to "usher in" the restoration.

Please explain to me why a literal angel was required. Is this a logic thing or a biblical thing? If biblical, then I need to see more than Revelation because (as I've said before) so much of it is symbollic.

It's interesting that an "angel" is simply "one who is ordained, commissioned, or sent by God to teach His Gospel." This term aptly applies to missionaries and others who have dedicated their lives to God's service.

I held this back in my comments, but angels are heavily tied to the Gospel of Repentance. Some fun scriptures to tie together:

D&C 13

Hebrews 1 (keep in mind that while Paul talks about the Son being superior to Angels, he will soon segue into the Melchizedek Priesthood being greater than the Aaronic)

D&C 84 (contrast this with D&C 13 - the Aaronic granting us communion with angels, the Melchizedek granting us communion with God)

2 Nephi 32 (just as John came under the direction of Peter, James, and John; angels are under the direction of the Godhead; just as the Aaronic Priesthood falls under the direction of the Melchizedek in the Church today)