The new girl!

Danielle-marie

Hi There!

I'm Danielle Marie, Im 24 years old, Married to a wonderful man who is in the Army and we are stationed oversea's in Korea.

First, I am not LDS, but my husband is, and I want to do anything and everything to support him. I have several family members who are LDS, and my twin sister was but she left the church.

I came here because I would like to learn more, even though I am not interested in converting I want to know how to better support my husband in his faith, and I have so many unanswered questions. I have talked to missionaries before but I feel like there is to much pressure with them constantly being interesting in me converting.

I hope to get to know everyone better, and better understand the LDS religion and faith!

Welcome to the Site Danielle-marie. One of the purposes of this site is to answer questions for those genuinely seeking answers about the LDS faith.

A couple bits of advice to help you when you are ready to start. First start a new thread in the related area depending on the nature of your question (ie LDS Discussion, General Discussion, Advice, etc.) This helps bring your question to the attention of those interested in that area.

Next if you have a big list of question it would help to break it down to a single question or strongly related group of question per thread you start. I say this for two reasons... If someone sees a huge list of question its quite possible they will look at it and think they don't have the time or the information to give a good answer to all the questions and thus not respond. You should get a more and varied response from fewer questions per thread. Second the more complicated your opening post the more likely your thread is to get confusing to read or follow as people respond and counter on it. And their is a greater chance of it going off on a tangent. So try to keep it simple.

Finally this site is not official. In response to your question some one might point to something official, but for the most part we are just a bunch of people with widely varying background and experiences (including in and out of the church) giving opinions. Therefore you will need to evaluate each posters response for their relevance to your situation.

I came here because I would like to learn more, even though I am not interested in converting I want to know how to better support my husband in his faith, and I have so many unanswered questions. I have talked to missionaries before but I feel like there is to much pressure with them constantly being interesting in me converting.

I hope to get to know everyone better, and better understand the LDS religion and faith!

Hi Danielle-Marie,

Wow, you know what? I think you are awesome. How many wives will actually attempt to support their husbands in their chosen faith even though they don't necessarily agree with that faith?? I have to say I have seen it happen maybe twice in my lifetime (I'm almost 50, that's a lot of years). Most situations like yours one spouse ends up resenting the other or there is perpetual conflict because of the differences in religious views.

I'm a recent convert, was just baptized on Sept. 4 of this year. Please ask away, I'm looking forward to talking to you here! :)

-LeKook (a.k.a. Lynn) :bye:

So LeKook, its been one month since your baptism, how are you travelling? How does the reality compare with the promises?

I can say in all honesty that the reality has far surpassed how I envisioned the fulfillment of the promises thus far. I was certain that this is the true church of Christ on earth before I was baptized. Is it possible for a person to grow even more sure of a truth every day? If so, then that's where I am.

When I get my blog set up and start telling my story, you'll get what I mean. :)

-LeKook (Lynn)

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome! It was really such a great feeling to come back and read the responses. I cant wait to get more involved, read more, and ask a few questions.

Im not going to pretend that the religion "argument" has never came up, of course it has, but for us it has not been a really heated debate. We both really respect each other, love each other and want to support each other. For me the hardest thing has been feeling "ignorant" to the things he talks about and not understanding. Sometimes when I ask questions to him, I think that he is thinking I sound more confrontational and judgmental or condescending because its so obvious to him, but Im coming from a very curious and open place, and sometimes I think its hard for him to give me an answer that I will understand. Thats why I have chose to relate with others also, to ease some of the pressure.

Thank you again for such a great welcome.