Alternative interesting browser bookmarks?

ChooseTheSun

Ok, so the ex-Catholic in me thought it would be a good idea to establish some Lent-ish sacrifices in my life during the next several weeks while I'm taking Temple Prep classes.

One such "sacrifice" was to delete several bookmarks in my browser that linked to non-spiritual sites. They weren't nasty sites. Just gossipy, or fail-focused, or otherwise negative and time consuming. Of course LDS.net remains :) Anyway, I'm getting bored with my current list of holy-but-snoozy bookmarked sites.

Does anyone have any fun/healthy/clever sites in their bookmark cue that they'd suggest?

I like Facebook, it was the way I found a ton of people from my mission that I otherwise wouldn't had any way of contacting. I also like Yahoo answers. It's especially rewarding at times when I have teenagers write me and tell me that my answer to their question helped them choose to not, kill themselves, abort their baby, and have pre-marital sex. I get a high off of helping people.

I also like to google and research every question that I've ever had. It's the internet so I know I can't take all the information I find here as absolute fact, but it's still interesting and helpful.

I like Facebook, it was the way I found a ton of people from my mission that I otherwise wouldn't had any way of contacting. I also like Yahoo answers. It's especially rewarding at times when I have teenagers write me and tell me that my answer to their question helped them choose to not, kill themselves, abort their baby, and have pre-marital sex. I get a high off of helping people.

I also like to google and research every question that I've ever had. It's the internet so I know I can't take all the information I find here as absolute fact, but it's still interesting and helpful.

Thanks for the ideas!

I know this is further evidence of my advancing age, but I cancelled my Facebook several months ago. The constant stream of vapid "wat u up 2" posts made me slowly lose my mind! But I'm weird that way (never Tweeted, my phone is like something out of 1985...)

Sorry, back to the subject! I like Yahoo answers too, though I've only lurked. That's awesome you respond to questions -- hurting people need a rational voice. Google is amazing, too. It truly is magic.

Ok, so the ex-Catholic in me thought it would be a good idea to establish some Lent-ish sacrifices in my life during the next several weeks while I'm taking Temple Prep classes.

One such "sacrifice" was to delete several bookmarks in my browser that linked to non-spiritual sites. They weren't nasty sites. Just gossipy, or fail-focused, or otherwise negative and time consuming. Of course LDS.net remains :) Anyway, I'm getting bored with my current list of holy-but-snoozy bookmarked sites.

Does anyone have any fun/healthy/clever sites in their bookmark cue that they'd suggest?

Well my daily browser hits tend to be;

Lds.net

lds.org

fairlds.org

cnn.com

space.com - i really enjoy this site

armorgames.com

the site for the Salt Lake tribune and the one for Deseret News.

apple.com/trailers

rottentomatoes.com

icanhascheezburger.com

youtube.com - has the whole spectrum of good and bad.

discovery.com

Edited by Blackmarch